• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
    fixed.

It's Barry Manilow for cripes sake.
    Clearly you have never had a "Weekend in New England"
    --------------------------------------
    You know a girl in a hat is just so…vogue.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
      fixed.

It's Barry Manilow for cripes sake.
      So why are you hating on Manilow? "Mandy" is an very good pop song.
      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
        So why are you hating on Manilow? "Mandy" is an very good pop song.
        I was always partial to "Could It Be Magic".
        If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

My favorite Manilow story is that he premiered his all time biggest seller in Wichita, Kansas. It was I Write the Songs. He thought his friends would tell him it was pretentious, so he debuted it as far from NYC as he could get. The ticket stub is worth about $15.

J
          Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by Hi.I'm.Mandy View Post
            Mods, please move this to the "Exceelent Music" thread
            ok, this just got even weirder. my COLLEGE girlfriend was addicted to Barry Manilow. played the 8-track constantly.

fyi for those not in on this: that Mandy photo is of a mannequin that Mrs Judge owns. it looks just like my GF from 25 years ago, who looked like Shelley Long's daughter. Mrs. Judge with the right hairstyle has people saying she looks like Julie Bowen - whose "mother" on the Modern Family TV show is... Shelley Long.

Mandy was named by Mrs Judge as Mandy Quinn for obvious reasons. I had not recalled until now that also was a Barry Manilow hit, which takes me back to the college GF. now I'm just waiting for a woman who I dated for 3 1/2 years in my late 20s to enter the picture somehow.

#pickedabadweektostopsniffingglue
            finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
              ok, this just got even weirder. my COLLEGE girlfriend was addicted to Barry Manilow. played the 8-track constantly.

fyi for those not in on this: that Mandy photo is of a mannequin that Mrs Judge owns. it looks just like my GF from 25 years ago, who looked like Shelley Long's daughter. Mrs. Judge with the right hairstyle has people saying she looks like Julie Bowen - whose "mother" on the Modern Family TV show is... Shelley Long.

Mandy was named by Mrs Judge as Mandy Quinn for obvious reasons. I had not recalled until now that also was a Barry Manilow hit, which takes me back to the college GF. now I'm just waiting for a woman who I dated for 3 1/2 years in my late 20s to enter the picture somehow.

#pickedabadweektostopsniffingglue
              Julie Bowen...I think she is the most beautiful woman on television.

It's a small universe, JJ. And we never really get away from those college GFs.

Besides, I thought everyone knew about Mandy/Mandy. Right?
              If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

Working...
              X