No announcement yet.

What pawn shop show do you like best?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On an episode of Pawn Stars that aired yesterday, a guy brought in a straight jacket that was used by Houdini. He wanted 30 thousand. Rick wouldn't go more than 25. The guy said he would keep it. Rick was steamed.

So i'm wondering if this guy may try to sell it on ebay. So i look. Sure enough there it is listed for a buy it now price of $149,000 or best offer. Turns out it is 1 of only 4 known straight jackets worn by Houdini. Others are owned by The Smithsonian, David Copperfield, and another private collector. Cool piece! Although a little pricey.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
      In particular the last part

"I have a civil war knife. I want $5000 for it, but I will accept no less that $3500"
      "OK then ... I'll take $400"

15 minutes later ...

"I'll have $400 on 13 red"

Meanwhile, back at the PWNage shop

"Genuine Authenticated Civil War Confederate Bowie Knife ... $8000"
      Living here I can tell you, that's about how it goes--Sad but true.

Oh, and 13 is Black.
      Last edited by GwynnInTheHall; 05-10-2011, 02:13 PM.
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
        Oh, and 13 is Black.
        Damn ... I really suck at coin flips

Comment

Working...
        X