Neil Young 1972 aka bootleg police

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neil Young 1972 aka bootleg police

You guys who remember the old record shops from the 70's & 80's will appreciate this nostalgic video. Here's what happens when Neil Young finds a bootleg copy of a CSNY concert in a record shop back in 1972.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Either this kid didn't know who Young was, or he had some pretty big balls to go out there after him and insist that Neil call his boss.

Interesting that Neil didn't take the Stills/Young bootleg, but only the CSNY concert recording, reasoning that his intellectual property was on the concert recording only.

I thought Neil was very courteous under the circumstances.
    If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

I'm guessing the record store was known to be selling illegal stuff which is why it was set up like this.

Comment

The record store employee was correct about the music "swap meets" having a ton of stuff. I went to 2 or 3 back in the 80's when video recordings were just taking off. There must have been thousands of different bootleg concert recordings for sale by dozens of vendors. Both audio and video. Practically any artist you wanted. I never understood how they could get away with selling so much illegal stuff under one roof. The ones i went to were called music memorabilia and collectibles shows. I still have a few VHS cassette concert bootlegs from the pre-digital recording age. The video quality is a mixed bag but i enjoyed them at the time because there was so little concert footage available back then. Good times!
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
        X