Ancient Alien Astronauts (for Paleo)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ancient Alien Astronauts (for Paleo)

In a nutshell, this theory is about intelligent extraterrestrial beings called ancient astronauts or ancient aliens have visited Earth, and this contact is connected with the origins or development of human cultures, technologies, and religions. A common variant of the idea include proposals that deities from most, if not all, religions are actually extraterrestrials, and their technologies were taken as evidence of their divine status.

There's several supporting pieces of evidence, if interpreted in the correct context. They Pyramids, Stonehenge, and even the store of Ezekiel in the bible. There have been several good shows on History Channel about this. Some even suggest that aliens bred with ancient man and we are all Alien/Human hybrids of some sort.

This is the type of off the wall theory that I can get behind. I'm sure you're not new to this idea. Anything you'd like to share?
    I'm sorry, man, but I've got magic. I've got poetry in my fingertips. Most of the time--and this includes naps --I'm an F-18, bro. And I will destroy you in the air. I will deploy my ordinance to the ground.

Ancient Aliens is one of the most downloaded documentaries on the internet. The awesomeness of this documentary is in the fact the that The History Channel provides very little counter argument to the "experts" who populate this immense piece of investigative historical research. They present the information as if it's fact.

The History Channel were so proud of this research, that I believe they made it into a series (which I have not seen).

A great piece of docu-comedy ... a must see.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
      Ancient Aliens is one of the most downloaded documentaries on the internet. The awesomeness of this documentary is in the fact the that The History Channel provides very little counter argument to the "experts" who populate this immense piece of investigative historical research. They present the information as if it's fact.

The History Channel were so proud of this research, that I believe they made it into a series (which I have not seen).

A great piece of docu-comedy ... a must see.

there are pictures of that guy with even crazier hair.....
      "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

I went to the same college as that guy. He graduated 2 years after me.
        I'm sorry, man, but I've got magic. I've got poetry in my fingertips. Most of the time--and this includes naps --I'm an F-18, bro. And I will destroy you in the air. I will deploy my ordinance to the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
          there are pictures of that guy with even crazier hair.....

Comment

I figured it out, he's one of the Centari from Babylon 5....

Last edited by Fresno Bob; 05-04-2011, 05:56 PM. Reason: better with flounder
            "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by billbuckner View Post
                  In a nutshell, this theory is about intelligent extraterrestrial beings called ancient astronauts or ancient aliens have visited Earth, and this contact is connected with the origins or development of human cultures, technologies, and religions. A common variant of the idea include proposals that deities from most, if not all, religions are actually extraterrestrials, and their technologies were taken as evidence of their divine status.

There's several supporting pieces of evidence, if interpreted in the correct context. They Pyramids, Stonehenge, and even the store of Ezekiel in the bible. There have been several good shows on History Channel about this. Some even suggest that aliens bred with ancient man and we are all Alien/Human hybrids of some sort.

This is the type of off the wall theory that I can get behind. I'm sure you're not new to this idea. Anything you'd like to share?
                  You're referring to the Anunnaki who allegedly had a profound effect on the civilizations living in Mesopotamia. There certainly are relics from that era which perplex archaeologists.

Comment

close ... I actually think he's the result of a generitic experiment gone wrong involving the Centari & Rob Schneider.
                    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by PaleoMan View Post
                      You're referring to the Anunnaki who allegedly had a profound effect on the civilizations living in Mesopotamia. There certainly are relics from that era which perplex archaeologists.
                      I think it's fascinating. And although some of the people that purport this theory are loons, it can't be summarily dismissed.

Comment

I think it's fascinating. And although some of the people that purport this theory are loons, it can't be summarily dismissed.

Comment

It's tough to summarily dismiss on that account that the human race is close to 300,000 years old, yet we have contemporary individuals who's tiny life spans constitute roughly .01 percent of that time making absolute statements that extraterrestrials do not exist. You have to have an open mind on the basis that so much knowledge has been lost during periods of upheavals and natural disasters (i.e. fire at the library of Alexandria, the alleged destruction of Atlantis continent).

Comment

Originally posted by PaleoMan View Post
                            You have to have an open mind on the basis that so much knowledge has been lost during periods of upheavals and natural disasters (i.e. fire at the library of Alexandria, the alleged destruction of Atlantis continent).
                            Brilliant

Comment

B5 was one of the most underrated shows ever. The DS9 and B5 back-to-back was geek nirvana for me.

Comment

Working...
                              X