Lady Gaga

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lady Gaga

I have to say I am not a Lady Gaga fan. I am also not particularly against her either. I was aware of her but really didn't/don't pay much attention to her.

I was very impressed with her Super Bowl half time show. I thought it was excellent.

Just curious if any of you have ever seen her in concert?

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
    I have to say I am not a Lady Gaga fan. I am also not particularly against her either. I was aware of her but really didn't/don't pay much attention to her.

I was very impressed with her Super Bowl half time show. I thought it was excellent.

Just curious if any of you have ever seen her in concert?
    Never seen her in concert.

I wasn't really impressed the first view times I saw videos of her...a little quirky for me. As time passed, I grew to appreciate her more and more.

She has a tremendous voice, imo, and seems to be using its power to full advantage.

The spectacle of her show was okay, but I liked that it was just her and her music, without a bunch of hokey guests to gum it up. And no overt politics. There may have been hidden politics, but they were too subtle for me to catch.
    If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

Originally posted by Redbirds Fan View Post

I wasn't really impressed the first view times I saw videos of her...a little quirky for me. As time passed, I grew to appreciate her more and more.

She has a tremendous voice, imo, and seems to be using its power to full advantage.

The spectacle of her show was okay, but I liked that it was just her and her music, without a bunch of hokey guests to gum it up. And no overt politics. There may have been hidden politics, but they were too subtle for me to catch.
      She sang the first verse to "This Land is Your Land" by Woody Guthrie who was very anti-fascism.
      I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Aren't we all anti-fascism?
        If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

Born this way is the LGBT anthem, plus as stated, This land, if you put meaning to the lyrics, is a song about inclusion, equality and freedom to move about the country unfettered.

So yeah, there was some political stuff in it, most of which went unnoticed.

Comment

Most of us here are, but there once was this poster named Lucky..........

Comment

I thought she was excellent last night. She kept it mainstream. Was there a political element to it, sure, but I think people can read into it what they want.

I appreciated that it was just her. She sang all her hits, had good choregraphy, and kept it fun.
              "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
              - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
              - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

Originally posted by In the Corn View Post
                I thought she was excellent last night. She kept it mainstream. Was there a political element to it, sure, but I think people can read into it what they want.

I appreciated that it was just her. She sang all her hits, had good choregraphy, and kept it fun.
                I enjoyed it too, still prefer the Michael Jackson and Prince halftime shows though.

Comment

Prince is still the best one we've ever had, but last night was a close second. She was amazing

Comment

Our current administration isn't.
                    I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                      Prince is still the best one we've ever had, but last night was a close second. She was amazing
                      This is our families collective thoughts as well. I think that it was more than I expected added to the enjoyment.

Comment

Wonderful way to express herself. It was a class act.

Comment

I wasn't all that impressed. I've always loved her voice, which was on point, and the spectacle of what she tried to do was impressive. And I liked the way she made a statement with her work, but not in a way that would detract from the enjoyment of all involved.

But I've never seen her perform live before, and I was kinda meh about the way she moves. I was impressed that she seemed to be singing live, and her voice is amazing, and she has great songs, but she moves like she is an SNL comedian parodying the dance steps of a pop star. I know she is in 6 inch heels, so merely walking is an achievement, but she chose to be in them, and overall I found her personal choreography ungraceful and awkward, and distracting from her amazing core talent--singing.

Comment

Working...
                          X