Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super Bowl commercials.

Will you watch or skip them?

They are the only reason my wife will watch even part of the game with me, so I'm gonna watch them.

Comment

Skipping them .... and the game .... prepping for the week to come.
      "Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes." Oscar Wilde
      "The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others." Gandhi
      WRL (AL-only) Champion (league started in 1997) - 1997, '98, 2000, '03, '08, '15, '16, '17
      PVRL (NL-only) Champion (league started in 1986)- 1993, 2004, '05, '06, '10, '11, '14, '16, '17

Comment

Originally posted by kawaise View Post
        Skipping them .... and the game .... prepping for the week to come.
        hey there - I have papers to grade - and 1st semester grades to turn in by noon tomorrow (while I teach) - not sure how I am balancing the game and papers.

and new student projects to start tomorrow - oh boy

teachers work 8-3 - yeah right!!

Comment

I've counted 4 anti-Trump ads so far...

Comment

Originally posted by swampdragon View Post

Ha! (You and I both know the fallacy of that statement.)

With four district basketball games, an all-day conference 1.5 hours away and the regular routine of the day (along with test data to collect and the operation of the school store) I'll be lucky to spend any quality time with my wife this week (she has classes this coming weekend). I typically work 5-8 hours on the weekend (this weekend I won't feel so bad because my wife will be out of town).
            "Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes." Oscar Wilde
            "The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others." Gandhi
            WRL (AL-only) Champion (league started in 1997) - 1997, '98, 2000, '03, '08, '15, '16, '17
            PVRL (NL-only) Champion (league started in 1986)- 1993, 2004, '05, '06, '10, '11, '14, '16, '17

Comment

Game was great. Commercials meh.

I liked a couple of them with the best being Ford's stranded. Which also happens to have been the first one.

Comment

The commercials were pedestrian... thanks Trump!
                I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
                You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
                "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
                It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

i have to say it was nice to have HW Bush involved in the coin toss. football is america.

Comment

The Mr. Clean ad was very disturbing!

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                      I agree. I wanted to change the channel with my kids in the room.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                        So were the phone commercials acting what I assume was 50 Shades of Gray.

Comment

Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
                          hey there - I have papers to grade - and 1st semester grades to turn in by noon tomorrow (while I teach) - not sure how I am balancing the game and papers.

and new student projects to start tomorrow - oh boy

Sounds like the old "Bankers only work half days" thing to me. Then someone reminded me there are 24 hours in a day!
                          I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

Working...
                          X