My Toddler's JCC Daycare Bomb Threat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
    Yeah, that is where I got much of my information about him. I was just arguing with my mother, a Trump supporter, the other night about this topic, and I'm sure she will give me a call today to let me know she was right about these attacks being false flaggers. Again, I still do not believe that to be the case for most of the threats, but it certainly seems to be the case with this guy. I suspect this will be played up a lot, and there will be a lot of gloating on the right (and frankly, I don't blame them), but I very much hope the political spin machine doesn't distract law enforcement from finding the primary perpetrators of these threats.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
      Yeah, that is where I got much of my information about him. I was just arguing with my mother, a Trump supporter, the other night about this topic, and I'm sure she will give me a call today to let me know she was right about these attacks being false flaggers. Again, I still do not believe that to be the case for most of the threats, but it certainly seems to be the case with this guy. I suspect this will be played up a lot, and there will be a lot of gloating on the right (and frankly, I don't blame them), but I very much hope the political spin machine doesn't distract law enforcement from finding the primary perpetrators of these threats.
      Glad they have at least this guy. The issue, IMO, will be that right-wing extremist will look at this as cover to either continue or start new threats.

The whole thing disgusts me.
      "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
      - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
      - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

Originally posted by In the Corn View Post
        Glad they have at least this guy. The issue, IMO, will be that right-wing extremist will look at this as cover to either continue or start new threats.

The whole thing disgusts me.
        I have that concern as well, and I couldn't agree more with your final statement.

Comment

Bullshit, was "Juan Thompson" going around the country to Jewish cemeteries tipping over hundreds of gravestones? Maybe he did a few, but to fall for the rhetoric that the protesters are paid and the threats are false flags is folly, and will simply embolden the anti-Semites even more.
          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
          -Warren Ellis

Comment

I wish people would drop the political angle to this. Criminals are criminals and should be caught and punished. I dont care what they think or who they voted for.
            "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
              Bullshit, was "Juan Thompson" going around the country to Jewish cemeteries tipping over hundreds of gravestones? Maybe he did a few, but to fall for the rhetoric that the protesters are paid and the threats are false flags is folly, and will simply embolden the anti-Semites even more.
              I'm sure you know you are preaching to the choir in responding to my post. As I already indicated, he seems to be a lone wolf copycat who was motivated by revenge against an ex, and my hope is that who he is does not distract from finding the other people doing this, who I still believe are ideologically motivated hate-groups. Still, there is no denying how perfectly this guy fits the narrative of many who will eagerly promote him as proof that left-wing fears of the rise in right-wing hate is overblown, misguided, or purposefully misleading. I hope that narrative doesn't distract us from perusing and catching the primary terrorists doing this.
              Last edited by Sour Masher; 03-03-2017, 12:47 PM.

Comment

I wish people would drop the political angle to this. Criminals are criminals and should be caught and punished. I dont care what they think or who they voted for.
                I agree we should always seek justice first and foremost, and too often we completely shift discussion from crime solely to politics, which is overly reductive and simplistic.

I do understand why folks want to understand the root causes for increased violence or hate, and why many attribute political motivations to them (because there often are political motivations to them), and I think there is merit it trying to understand that. But I agree, that almost every issue these days is reduced to simple left/right politics. I got so frustrated over the last 8 years, anytime I read comments about a completely unrelated story, and it would devolve almost immediately into, "it is Obama's fault." I'm sure many conservatives feel that same way about every bad story being connected to Trump. While I believe there are legitimate connections, and useful discussion to be had about the political connections with white nationalism, xenophobia, etc, I do get that frustration.

But as I said in the post you quoted, I hope political spin doesn't distract us from finding more of those doing this. Juan Thompson being who he is, I fear it might.
                Last edited by Sour Masher; 03-03-2017, 12:46 PM.

Comment

First of all Hate crimes are different than regular crime (not going to explain it, look it up)

Secondly, you don't think those who lean in the direction of being anti semitic aren't pandered to by one political group over another? And that their failure to denounce these actions in no uncertain terms doesn't encourage these asshats?
                  If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                  Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

I'm sure you know you are preaching to the choir in responding to my post. As I already indicated, he seems to be a lone wolf copycat who was motivated by revenge against an ex, and my hope is that who he is does not distract from finding the other people doing this, who I still believe are ideologically motivated hate-groups. Still, there is no denying how perfectly this guy fits the narrative of many who will eagerly promote him as proof that left-wing fears of the rise in right-wing hate is overblown, misguided, or purposefully misleading. I hope that narrative doesn't distract us from perusing and catching the primary terrorists doing this.
                    Absolutely, I'm calling bullshit on those who are already trying to create a false narrative for this one arrest. I think that it's pretty clear that this is more than the odd lone wolf operation, either that or the Neo-Nazis are awfully susceptible to the power of suggestion.
                    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                    -Warren Ellis

Comment

Friend of mine up in the Boston area said that her JCC got one today again. Second time. Sigh.

Comment

Originally posted by umjewman View Post
                        Friend of mine up in the Boston area said that her JCC got one today again. Second time. Sigh.
                        but I thought they had the guy in custody.
                        I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                          but I thought they had the guy in custody.
                          Obviously not. Unless he used his one phone call to call in another one.

Comment

Originally posted by umjewman View Post
                            Obviously not. Unless he used his one phone call to call in another one.
                            horrible situation, and yet every time I read this and think about it, it makes me giggle.
                            I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Another example of how Trump's sideshow distracts from the sickness of Trump's policy decisions.

From Reuters, February 2nd, the headline reads: "Trump to focus counter-extremism program solely on Islam - sources"

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-us...-idUSKBN15G5VO

The program, "Countering Violent Extremism," or CVE, would be changed to "Countering Islamic Extremism" or "Countering Radical Islamic Extremism," the sources said, and would no longer target groups such as white supremacists who have also carried out bombings and shootings in the United States.
                              So let's be 100% clear here. Trump is using "radical islamic terror" as a cover for all other domestic terrorist groups! The sad part is, it's not even clear that Trump understands he's doing this, it's more likely Bannon's decision. This is why Trump needs to go! You cannot have an intellectual CHILD having his strings pulled by whoever is NICE TO HIM/LOYAL... as the mother-effing PRESIDENT!

Even VOICE (Victims Of Immigration Crime Engagement)... the reason people groaned at the announcement is because immigrants are statistically the LEAST LIKELY to commit crimes, as they have the most to lose! You would think the fiscal irresponsibility of targeting the group with the lowest statistical likelihood of committing crimes would drive Conservatives crazy, but somehow they're all still drinking the Kool-Aid fed to them by Fox News... Trump showed us all how embarrassing it can be for you to quote Fox News' drivel on an international stage (the Sweden fiasco).

So Trump clearly gets emotionally aroused by saying the words "radical islamic terrorism"... while simultaneously being manipulated into very specifically not mentioning the Jews in his Holocaust Memorial speech? On top of the policy decision to stop looking into non-middle eastern domestic terrorists, the rhetoric matches! So of course you're seeing these scumbags come out of the woodworks! Trump doesn't even see the ways he supporting this, mostly because he's basically functionally illiterate! I never thought I could say this about anybody, but Trump makes George W. Bush look like an intellectual powerhouse with the oratory precision of Morgan Freeman.

Hopefully Trump's idiotic Russian deal takes him down before his cabinet of deplorables allow us to continue down this road emboldening domestic terror.
                              Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Thanks for posting that Teenwolf. As several have suggested, we let the sideshow distract us from the stuff that matters most--actual policy. This matters, and it is highly misguided and disturbing. Getting myopic about terrorist threats and ignoring the real dangers from the many terrorist groups that have nothing to do with Islam is incredibly foolish and dangerous.

Comment

Working...
                                X