Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would anyone be disappointed if California seceeded?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Start cutting around it until she falls into the ocean. Supposed to be what happens anyway - right?
    It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
    Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
      Start cutting around it until she falls into the ocean. Supposed to be what happens anyway - right?
      they may already be working on this ... satellite pic below ...

It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
        hmmm ... what's easier to get a hold of - a raft, or a ladder???
        A raft? The sharks with frikkin' laser beams will take care of that easy.

Comment

It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
          Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

Originally posted by Steve
            It's next to the ocean. Why not just dig a moat around the other 3 sides. Seems cheaper than a wall.
            The wall goes around Colorado. After we deport all the California transplants, of course.

A moat around California could work if they're willing to fill it with ocean water. If they want a fresh water moat, fuggedaboutit.
            "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
            "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
            "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
              The wall goes around Colorado. After we deport all the California transplants, of course.

A moat around California could work if they're willing to fill it with ocean water. If they want a fresh water moat, fuggedaboutit.
              My daughter lives in Colorado. Can she and I have keys to gate on the wall? Oh, wait we normally fly when we visit each other. How tall is this wall going to be?

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                My daughter lives in Colorado. Can she and I have keys to gate on the wall? Oh, wait we normally fly when we visit each other. How tall is this wall going to be?
                Since you guys continue to hassle us about our legal pot, I'm afraid Oklahoma will have to go on the "no fly" list.
                "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
                "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."

Comment

Since you guys continue to hassle us about our legal pot, I'm afraid Oklahoma will have to go on the "no fly" list.
                  I don't mind you having legal pot. Can I get a pass?

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                    I don't mind you having legal pot. Can I get a pass?
                    Sure, just pass it back when you're done.

Comment

Set myself up for that one. You are going to think this is funny, but I've never smoked pot and only been around someone who was twice, not counting concerts.
                      I've never smoked a cigarette either. My allergies were so bad when I was younger, I always figured one good puff on one would kill me.

Comment

Umm...if he waits until he is done, why would you think there would be anything left to pass?

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                          Umm...if he waits until he is done, why would you think there would be anything left to pass?
                          Steve is a gentleman. He wouldn't bogart a blunt.

Comment

I wonder what will happen when the residents of California find out how much they won't own, eg the water. Something like 80% is on federal land. Specifically, most of the snow pack is in national parks and forests and most of the reservoirs are Corps of Engineer dams. Over half the land area of the state is parks, forest or military reserve. Even Golden Gate Bridge.

J
                            Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

You sure federal land still exists?

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                                I wonder what will happen when the residents of California find out how much they won't own, eg the water. Something like 80% is on federal land. Specifically, most of the snow pack is in national parks and forests and most of the reservoirs are Corps of Engineer dams. Over half the land area of the state is parks, forest or military reserve. Even Golden Gate Bridge.

J
                                I figured they would make a one time payment for federal land on their way out.
                                "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Working...
                                X