William Hill World Championship of Darts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• William Hill World Championship of Darts

Well the World Championship tournament opened in the last week. I have been following the PDC most of the year and am amazed at the averages we are seeing from some of the best shots in the world.

Does Phil Taylor still have one more World Championship in the bag?
    Can Michael VanGerwyn capture the title?
    Can Gary Anderson repeat?

Will Adrian Lewis, Raymond VanBarneveld make a big run?

Who will be the big surprise performer?

Love watching these guys play and looking forward to seeing how it plays out.
    It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
    Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Where do you watch them play?

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
      Where do you watch them play?
      No one 'really' watches them play.

Comment

I watch the matches on YouTube after they are played. I believe that the can be watched live on an ESPN application or maybe SkySports. I think I may have to make this a bucket list item - visiting the Alexander Palace (Alley Palley) to watch the World Championship of Darts. What a away to celebrate the end of a year.
        It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
          I watch the matches on YouTube after they are played. I believe that the can be watched live on an ESPN application or maybe SkySports. I think I may have to make this a bucket list item - visiting the Alexander Palace (Alley Palley) to watch the World Championship of Darts. What a away to celebrate the end of a year.
          Thanks, I think I am going to check it out.

I once watched the 6th best player in the world practice at a bar/restaurant near my apartment. It was in the early 80's. He was unbelievable.

Comment

It's pretty competitive this year. Form will tell in the end IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
              It's pretty competitive this year. Form will tell in the end IMO.
              Agreed - there have been some very good matches so far. There is one side of the bracket that is brutal ... It will be interesting to see who can get through their first 2 rounds - let alone get to the quarters or further.
              Last edited by baldgriff; 12-21-2016, 02:55 PM.

Comment

Mervyn King vs. Michael Smith match has been fantastic!

Comment

I have to say that the scoring this year has been absolutely outrageous this year. Players losing matches with over 100 averages - has been insane.

Comment

Since I know you're watching on YT ...

Spoiler!

Comment

Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
                      I have to say that the scoring this year has been absolutely outrageous this year. Players losing matches with over 100 averages - has been insane.
                      Spoiler!

Comment

not for me but this just came across

LAS VEGAS – The biggest names in professional darts are returning to Las Vegas in 2017 to compete in the U.S. Masters at the Tropicana Las Vegas, July 13 – 15.

The three-day tournament will represent the first time the Professional Darts Corporation’s (PDC) World Series of Darts, a circuit that includes events in Dubai, Australia, New Zealand and China, has been hosted in the U.S.

International stars of the highly competitive sport will compete against North American challengers in Las Vegas for the first time since the 2010 PDC Desert Classic.
                        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Yes - I saw this a while back and actually am hoping if a few things break right I might go and watch some of this.

Comment

Working...
                          X