Fidel Castro dead at age 90

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fidel Castro dead at age 90

He relinquished the role of president to his now 85 year old brother Raul Castro 8 years ago.

"There are few individuals in the 20th century who had a more profound impact on a single country than Fidel Castro had in Cuba," Robert Pastor, a former national security adviser for President Jimmy Carter in the 1970s, told CNN in 2012.
    "He reshaped Cuba in his image, for both bad and good," said Pastor, who died in 2014. "Cuba will be a different place because he lived and he died."

http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/26/americ...bit/index.html
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Probably the most hated man in most of our lifetimes.

J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post

J
      Maybe ... but outside of people from Cuba I don't know anyone under 50 who really cares one way or the other
      It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
        Maybe ... but outside of people from Cuba I don't know anyone under 50 who really cares one way or the other
        My dad once told me his Marine unit went on high alert for a potential invasion during the Cuban Missile Crisis in '62, but I think the anger ended with that generation.

Comment

Nelson Mandela really liked the man.

Comment

Originally posted by Hodor View Post
            Nelson Mandela really liked the man.
            In most worlds, Nelson Mandala would be remembered as a terrorist.

J
            Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

In most worlds, Nelson Mandala would be remembered as a terrorist.

J
              So would George Bush

Comment

probably the most hated man in most of our lifetimes.

J
                lol...

Comment

J
                  Unless your Colin Kapern........ oh never mind
                  It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
                  Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

i don't know anything about Cuba, but i learned during the ebola crisis they supposedly have a world class healthcare system. think they are some of the first countries to try to send in doctors when some place in the world is in trouble. i got this from wiki "Cuba provides more medical personnel to the developing world than all the G8 countries combined".

go figure?

Comment

Originally posted by nullnor View Post
                      i don't know anything about Cuba, but i learned during the ebola crisis they supposedly have a world class healthcare system. think they are some of the first countries to try to send in doctors when some place in the world is in trouble. i got this from wiki "Cuba provides more medical personnel to the developing world than all the G8 countries combined".

go figure?
                      And Cuba's prescription drug prices are a fraction of U.S. prices.
                      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                      X