No announcement yet.

2020 Election thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You cannot honestly expect me to believe Albright was being general in her statement and did not intend it to be a statement in support of Hillary, specifically.

I was speaking of Hillary supporters being disingenuous. Hillary is by her very nature, disingenuous.

That you can't see what's to rebuke only solidifies your position as a HRC apologist. Which you are.

What she stands for will change with the next focus group report.

I don't expect you to abandon her, I never quit sanders.

Comment

Originally posted by Hodor View Post
      You cannot honestly expect me to believe Albright was being general in her statement and did not intend it to be a statement in support of Hillary, specifically.

I was speaking of Hillary supporters being disingenuous. Hillary is by her very nature, disingenuous.

That you can't see what's to rebuke only solidifies your position as a HRC apologist. Which you are.

Again, you'll believe what you wish, even though the facts of the statement are pretty clear: support women, period. Was she singling out HRC personally? No. Did she imply that HRC was the choice that women SHOULD make? Of course.

You don't like Hillary, we get it. You think that she's a fraud, we get it.

I'm happy to be a HRC SUPPORTER...you can call it anything you wish, I don't give a shit. She was by far the best qualified to be POTUS, from the day she announced she was running. So you can call me an apologist and I'll take that as a badge of honor.

If you bothered to look at her positions over 30+ years, her core values haven't changed. Other positions have evolved, some will call it flopping. I know that I voted for Bush twice, and Obama twice, doesn't that make me a flip-flopper? Or someone who learns from experience?

BTW, she was at a Children's Defense Fund fundraiser 2 days after getting her heart torn out on election day. Because it's a cause that she's always believed for her entire life...just like health care for all.

I'll stand up for that all day long...
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

Not sure how you could think the seventh sentence below is at all related to the first six. Maybe you are a misogynist.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...illary-clinton

“Young women have to support Hillary Clinton. The story is not over!” she said. “They’re going to want to push us back. Appointments to the supreme court make all the difference.

“It’s not done and you have to help. Hillary Clinton will always be there for you. And just remember, there’s a special place in hell for women who don’t help each other.”
        ---------------------------------------------
        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
        ---------------------------------------------
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

You obviously do give a shit as you keep responding to my posts after declaring you were done doing so.

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
            Not sure how you could think the seventh sentence below is at all related to the first six. Maybe you are a misogynist.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...illary-clinton

“Young women have to support Hillary Clinton. The story is not over!” she said. “They’re going to want to push us back. Appointments to the supreme court make all the difference.

“It’s not done and you have to help. Hillary Clinton will always be there for you. And just remember, there’s a special place in hell for women who don’t help each other.”
            I don't see how you can think it is not.

Comment

You obviously do give a shit as you keep responding to my posts after declaring you were done doing so.
              You have this OJ like ability to draw one into the briar patch. And I just can't let some of this crap go unchecked, even if it galls me to get engaged again. So yeah, I'll be your huckleberry...

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                You have this OJ like ability to draw one into the briar patch. And I just can't let some of this crap go unchecked, even if it galls me to get engaged again. So yeah, I'll be your huckleberry...
                Should I take that to mean you're a fruit on a prickly vine or that you'll be someone who calls me on my shit?

Comment

She was by far the best qualified to be POTUS, from the day she announced she was running.
                  Do you mean anyone in the country, anyone who announced they were running for POTUS for 2016, or any Democrat who ran? Or in a different way altogether?
                  Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Again, you'll believe what you wish, even though the facts of the statement are pretty clear: support women, period. Was she singling out HRC personally? No. Did she imply that HRC was the choice that women SHOULD make? Of course.

You don't like Hillary, we get it. You think that she's a fraud, we get it.

I'm happy to be a HRC SUPPORTER...you can call it anything you wish, I don't give a shit. She was by far the best qualified to be POTUS, from the day she announced she was running. So you can call me an apologist and I'll take that as a badge of honor.

If you bothered to look at her positions over 30+ years, her core values haven't changed. Other positions have evolved, some will call it flopping. I know that I voted for Bush twice, and Obama twice, doesn't that make me a flip-flopper? Or someone who learns from experience?

BTW, she was at a Children's Defense Fund fundraiser 2 days after getting her heart torn out on election day. Because it's a cause that she's always believed for her entire life...just like health care for all.

I'll stand up for that all day long...
                    If you think that covers it, then you don't get it. If you think she was even remotely qualified, then you don't get it.

Just sayin'

J
                    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Originally posted by Pogues View Post
                      Do you mean anyone in the country, anyone who announced they were running for POTUS for 2016, or any Democrat who ran? Or in a different way altogether?
                      Anyone in the country, period. Nobody had a better understanding of the job, it's many pitfalls, and the respect of the worlds leaders, nobody.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                        Anyone in the country, period. Nobody had a better understanding of the job, it's many pitfalls, and the respect of the worlds leaders, nobody.
                        Obama--Now get some sleep.
                        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                          Wow...only the third one would I consider a "qualification."
                          Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                            Something to think about when bringing up the Misogyny angle of this election.

Trumps fake tan and hair were fair game, but if you mentioned HRCs pantsuits, you were being misogynistic.
                            Bingo - coming from the guy who got the label after saying I dont care what color pantsuit she wears. And to say that there wasnt a FOCUS on HRC being the FIRST WOMAN is frankly being dishonest. It was practically a plank - and I heard more than one woman in this world say "Im voting with my vagina". Even Hillary's concession speech addresses "womanhood" and spoke to the young girls of today to let them know they are valuable.

HRC specifically targeted the women's vote - and they didnt like her as much as Obama either...

Favorite quote regarding the past election from this site:

"Originally Posted by eldiablo505 "
                            A good GOP candidate would likely lose the election. Donald Trump isn't a good anything, much less a good candidate.

Half right - half wrong?
                            It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
                            Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

• Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
                              "Originally Posted by eldiablo505 "
                              A good GOP candidate would likely lose the election. Donald Trump isn't a good anything, much less a good candidate.

Half right - half wrong?
                              All wrong. Clinton would have lost to any of the front runners, even Rubio who was weakest. It's like Santa Claus 2. To vote for her, you have to believe that plastic Santa is the real deal. She was at least that phony, though she had a hell of a PR department.

J
                              Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• If you want an interesting read - and with the elections complete go back and read the thread about the Democratic Nomination. There are so many interesting statements in that thread that either were spot on - many of which got significant push back.
                                It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
                                Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

Working...
                                X