Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dear DNC

You did this to yourself

Next time try allowing the process to be fair and not dictated by your own predetermined outcome. You FUCKED yourself and you have only yourself to blame.

CLINTON was a TOXIC choice but she paid you, promised you or whatever to get you to grease the slide for her nomination. ANYONE else would have beaten Trump.

Fuck ya'll for not listening.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

How many good potential candidates didn't run for the nomination because Hillary was essentially promised the nomination? Did they just accept her coronation? Sure seemed that way last year. A non-party member doing so well against Clinton should have been a sign that she wouldn't be the people's choice, but when given Clinton or Sanders, many begrudgingly voted for her in the primary. Or didn't show up.
      Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

See my signature line.......... I think it will remain there for at least a while longer.
        It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
        Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

Originally posted by Hodor View Post
          You did this to yourself
          It's easier to blame the racists, the sexists, the millenials, the Russians, Comey, etc. etc...but really it's hard for me to disagree that this wound was self inflicted. I think many people discounted how rough things are for a lot of people in America and just assumed everyone would want to keep moving in the same direction we have been. Hopefully the loss will lead to some self examination and a better Democratic Party in the future.
          ---------------------------------------------
          Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
            It's easier to blame the racists, the sexists, the millenials, the Russians, Comey, etc. etc...but really it's hard for me to disagree that this wound was self inflicted. I think many people discounted how rough things are for a lot of people in America and just assumed everyone would want to keep moving in the same direction we have been. Hopefully the loss will lead to some self examination and a better Democratic Party in the future.
            Is this you?

"When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
            "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
            "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
              Is this you?

No, I'm not nearly that composed and restrained : )

There was certainly a lot in there I agree with. Lots of interesting articles and discussion out there right now, hopefully the end result of all this will be something positive for the future. And hopefully the next 4 years won't be as bad as they might be...
              Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                No, I'm not nearly that composed and restrained : )

There was certainly a lot in there I agree with. Lots of interesting articles and discussion out there right now, hopefully the end result of all this will be something positive for the future. And hopefully the next 4 years won't be as bad as they might be...
                There were a lot of very smart things said in that entertaining rant, some echoing what you said, what Michael Moore said, and what many other reflective Dems have said. It's heartening to see some soul-searching out there, and to hear calls for more honest engagement with and respectful acknowledgement towards well-meaning conservative people.
                "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
                "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
                "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
                  Is this you?

I loved this and honestly, I have been guilty in the past of doing some of this shit. After having it done to me by my fellow liberals, I hope never to find myself there again--I hope to welcome debate and discussion and try to be more understanding of different perspectives. I don;t know how successful I'll be as I'm pretty arrogant at times, but remind me if I overstep with anyone here.

Brilliant.
                  If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                  Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Wasserman-Schultz gets canned and Reince Priebus makes White House Chief of Staff. That says all there is to say about how well they did the same job for their respective parties.

J
                    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Working...
                    X