Going to my first MLB game!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going to my first MLB game!

My dad is treating me to a flight to Toronto and 2 tickets to a Jays game vs. The Clevelands. We're planning on going to game 3, watching my favourite pitcher, Marcus Stroman throw against potential gas-can, flyballer Josh Tomlin. Then we can watch game 4 the next afternoon in a local sports bar, and fly back that night. I only miss 2 days of work, and work has been a pain in the butt lately anyway, recovering from a broken rib...

First MLB game at 34! First trip to Toronto!

I feel bad accepting the gift from my dad (it's a lotta money for one game), but he's had a difficult year, and I just want to make him happy, and he's pushing pretty hard to do it, so I just have to hope it makes him happy. He doesn't care about baseball at all, just wants to do something nice for me. When I was a kid, he took me to see the Penguins vs. Jets in Winnipeg in '94, and I got to see Jagr, but Lemieux sat that game out... still something I remember vividly, and something I try to emulate with my own daughter as much as possible. We both know it's about more than the game.

Anybody in Toronto know a good place to watch the game? Probably a sports bar (although neither of us drink, and my dad prefers to avoid super heavy drinking spaces), but open to alternative ideas.
    Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
    My dad is treating me to a flight to Toronto and 2 tickets to a Jays game vs. The Clevelands. We're planning on going to game 3, watching my favourite pitcher, Marcus Stroman throw against potential gas-can, flyballer Josh Tomlin. Then we can watch game 4 the next afternoon in a local sports bar, and fly back that night. I only miss 2 days of work, and work has been a pain in the butt lately anyway, recovering from a broken rib...

First MLB game at 34! First trip to Toronto!

I feel bad accepting the gift from my dad (it's a lotta money for one game), but he's had a difficult year, and I just want to make him happy, and he's pushing pretty hard to do it, so I just have to hope it makes him happy. He doesn't care about baseball at all, just wants to do something nice for me. When I was a kid, he took me to see the Penguins vs. Jets in Winnipeg in '94, and I got to see Jagr, but Lemieux sat that game out... still something I remember vividly, and something I try to emulate with my own daughter as much as possible. We both know it's about more than the game.

Anybody in Toronto know a good place to watch the game? Probably a sports bar (although neither of us drink, and my dad prefers to avoid super heavy drinking spaces), but open to alternative ideas.
    very cool - enjoy! A playoff game is an awesome experience.

re: a good place to watch the game - pretty much everywhere in the city these days! If you want to IM me with what part of the city you'll be in I can pick a few spots.
    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

That's awesome. Have a great time Jesse.
      I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Very cool, enjoy!
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Nice! First game ever and this is it....gotta love that!

Enjoy your time together!

Comment

Playoff games are awesome. The atmosphere is incredible. Have a great time, Jesse!
            "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Nice. Maybe one day I'll also get to break my MLB cherry.

Comment

Go Tribe!
                Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Working...
                X