No announcement yet.

random stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i've never heard of that game before but i think when the timer runs out the board pop's up and all the pieces go flying all over the place. like when you lose at chess you want to sweep all the pieces off the board. i think this might be the best game ever invented.

Comment

Originally posted by nullnor View Post
      i've never heard of that game before but i think when the timer runs out the board pop's up and all the pieces go flying all over the place. like when you lose at chess you want to sweep all the pieces off the board. i think this might be the best game ever invented.
      it also makes an obnoxious buzzer and a loud snapping sound when the timer runs out
      "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

in case you aren't feeling anxious enough about the future ... there's something called the Carrington Event ...

Every now and again, and scientists don't know how often, but the last time was in 1859. There is something that's called just a real superstorm. So this is something that is the most extreme type of solar radiation that hits the planet by radiation. I mean pulses of the invisible stuff, not the light. Solar energetic particles that can damage life.

So we had a huge solar storm that hit the planet in 1859. It's called the Carrington event. The one in 1859 happened just as humanity had laid down all these telegraphic wires and telegraph lines were actually bursting into fire. The scientists knew that something like of that Carrington class might come again. And in 2012 it did, except that the sun was turned away from the Earth when that intense intense pulse of energy erupted. Had we been facing the sun at that time, a week or 10 days earlier, that incredibly strong pulse of energy would have struck the Earth. They reckon that power structures would have gone down for decades.
        It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Carrington Event, magnetic poles flipping, super gamma ray burst, global pandemic, those are the "immediate disasters" I think about, but other than "full-on off the grid prepper bunker", not much I can do about them
          "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

can't find the exceelent video games thread. i've been playing the game Grimmwood. just came out. it's ok. 40 players scavenge and build defenses in town for an attack at midnight every day. you only get a certain amount of stamina to make moves with every day. log on, do a few things and log off and wait while your character rests and builds up more action points. so not a lot of actual game play. it's good if you're old like me and you like strategy more than shooting games and stuff. i imagine they'll add more stuff since it's new. i like the idea though.

Comment

ok Grimmwood sucks. there's a real problem when playing multiplayer games that require cooperation when the average audience for such games consists of ppl not in the know or just don't care.

..last day at work here. i just passed a woman in the hall with nobody else around and she goes GOOD MORNING! and gave a weird laugh. i am pretty sure she wasn't talking to me, so i think she just ran into an invisible friend.

..on my way to the dentist this morning. what freaks women out, and dentists i presume is that green stuff on your tongue and nose hairs. so i brushed my tongue and used tweezers. tweezers are a pain in the ass. it almost makes you contemplate using a cigarette lighter up your nose instead. sure it hurts for a second but think about the efficiency.

Comment

Telepathic control of a drone swarm:

I nominate Nully.
                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                  Telepathic control of a drone swarm:

I nominate Nully.
                  that's pretty amazing stuff ... but nully, be careful you don't end up like this guy ...

It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                    that's pretty amazing stuff ... but nully, be careful you don't end up like this guy ...

Funny story -
                    When my parents took little baldgriff and littler ITC to go see a movie in our younger days (and they didnt do it often) - we went to a rated G movie. The preview that played was the exact scene from "Scanners" where that guys head blows up. Well - Mom was NONE TO HAPPY and managed to get a full refund of the tickets (maybe some popcorn too). Honestly, I dont remember what movie we saw - but I do remember the preview of "Scanners".
                    It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
                    Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

Originally posted by nullnor View Post
                      nose hairs. so i brushed my tongue and used tweezers. tweezers are a pain in the ass.
                      That's one long hair!
                      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

so in the future people will be wearing things on their head and controlling toys like drones and remote controlled cars? i mean, we always thought we'd see telekinesis. i wonder if someone will invent a bending spoon? lol.

it has medical benefits. it's probably part of the work using bran scanning machines to communicate and paralyzed people. last i heard we were controlling cursors on a computer screen. guess it's more advanced now. Tesla's prediction is coming true that war will be fought by robots.

Comment

we'll see direct neural interfaces in the next 15 years, driven by advances in medicine for the military and the disabled

Comment

And this looks like the starting plotline of an X-Files series:

Staff have been evacuated and the FBI has sent agents and a Blackhawk helicopter to the site, without telling anyone what's going on.

I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

A seal slaps a man in the face with an octopus. Because he can.

Comment

Working...
                              X