random stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
    That this actually happened I think is hilarious but it must have been incredibly frustrating to the person this happened to:

In the longer video that this is taken from, at the beginning she shows a world map and asks the viewer to find the missing country. I studied the map for a couple minutes and couldnt figure it out and I felt very ashamed when she gave the answer because I'm a maps and geography nut and also because I've actually vacationed in New Zealand (I highly recommend it as a travel destination).
    gotta downvote this as it isn't gaslighting so much as being subjected to idiots. Gaslighting is intentional, she was obviously confronted with people who were incompetent.
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Here's a 1964 short film featuring a 20 year old Terri Garr long before she became famous in "Young Frankenstein."

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• I'm sorry, but here's something else that I find hilarious:

I remember there used to be a pro "wrestler" that rode a hobby horse down the aisle into the ring. He was doing it solely for entertainment purposes. But these people are serious! And that's exactly what makes it so funny!

Comment

• How wonderfully absurd. I do not get why folks need a stick with a horse head on it to do these things, but if it brings them joy, who am I to mock them (but it is oh, so tempting).

Comment

I'm sorry, but here's something else that I find hilarious:

I remember there used to be a pro "wrestler" that rode a hobby horse down the aisle into the ring. He was doing it solely for entertainment purposes. But these people are serious! And that's exactly what makes it so funny!

Comment

• Something else that I just found out:

Rapper Vanilla Ice, rather than settling out of court when Queen and David Bowie sued him in 1990, ended up just buying the rights to "Under Pressure."

He explains that "he went to Brian May and bought the song," because owning the publishing rights worked out to being way cheaper than battling both Queen and Bowie in court.

Despite Ice's ownership of the iconic track, the court case did eventually result in Queen and Bowie getting official songwriting credits on "Ice Ice Baby."​
              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Barely Legal Pawn, with Bryan Cranston, Aaron Paul, and Julia Louis-Dreyfus.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• An ice rescue instructor captured footage of himself and his wife ice skating on a frozen, translucent lake in Alaska recently. Luc Mehl said the rare once-in-a-decade "ice window" formed because of "an unusually cold but dry transition into winter." He added the phenomenon allowed Rabbit Lake to freeze so that the ice was thick enough for skating.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• I'm not a golfer but this has to be one of the most amazing shots of all-time:

Would have been even better if it was in an actual tournament.

Comment

I'm not a golfer but this has to be one of the most amazing shots of all-time:

Would have been even better if it was in an actual tournament.
                      I am not much of a golfer either, but I also lucked into a hole in one. 130 yard par 3, I hit my 9 iron way too high on the ball, it had no loft at all, bounced once or twice then started rolling across the green...and disappeared. It was pretty cool to walk down the fairway and pick my golf ball out of the hole.

---------------------------------------------
                      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• I
                        image.png
                        I get a kick out of some of these old photos.​

Comment

• On a special episode of "The Joe Pesci Show," host Joe Pesci (Jim Breuer) salutes the Academy Awards and welcomes guests Robert De Niro (John Goodman), Marisa Tomei (Cheri Oteri) and Richard Dreyfuss (Darrell Hammond) to the show. [1996]

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Merry Christmas, everyone!

Here's a mind-bending riddle that you can enjoy as part of your Christmas. It's like none that I'd ever seen before:

I figured out that the 13th man was created from parts taken from the other 12, but I didnt see exactly how. This next video explains it a little better:

But it still is tricky how this was done. The new, 13th man has a white shirt, black pants and black shoes. But there already were 4 men that were dressed like this. So which composite man is the new one? It doesnt seem to matter but to create the new man, you'd have to take parts only from one of the other appropriately dressed men. You'd have to create the picture in a way so that this would happen when you moved the cut parts of the image.

This struck me as a very clever riddle. The 2nd video said it was based on the "Leprechaun Puzzle of 1960", which I also havent seen.

Comment

• Good stuff RHD. Merry Christmas to everyone!

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• In the last week I have found a pair of Bose noise cancelling headphones, a new I-Phone and my daughter found a pair of Airpods. Call me if you lost them.
                                Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                                The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                                X