random stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
    Worldwide coffee consumption in 2018 reached almost 62 trillion bags, each containing 60 kilograms of coffee.
    That number doesn't sound right. That means on average, each of the 7.5 billion people worldwide drink 22.5 bags a day, each containing 60kg. I.... don't think that's correct.

** note, I feel like I'm missing an obvious joke or reference, so if I am, you got me!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
      That number doesn't sound right. That means on average, each of the 7.5 billion people worldwide drink 22.5 bags a day, each containing 60kg. I.... don't think that's correct.

** note, I feel like I'm missing an obvious joke or reference, so if I am, you got me!
      No joke. I took it off an industry trade publication.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
        No joke. I took it off an industry trade publication.
        This is the second article (Christmas trees) where the math does not work. I went back to Thomas to see if the authors were the same. They are not. This puts a serious damper on their credibility as a source for market trends. Kind of stinks.

Comment

• a diner down the road from me closed almost a year ago, and a Starbucks has risen in it place.

yes, there are other diners and other Starbucks within a couple of miles.

but if Starbucks can take down Big Diner in Jersey, that's a canary in a coal mine. the rest of you will have no chance.

I mean, the rest of you haven't even got a nametag.
          finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
            a diner down the road from me closed almost a year ago, and a Starbucks has risen in it place.

but if Starbucks can take down Big Diner in Jersey, that's a canary in a coal mine. the rest of you will have no chance.

Starbucks has taken down a shitload of local diners. They closest breakfast spot, crappy as it was, is now a starbucks. I'm just waiting for Amazon to take over Starbucks
            ---------------------------------------------
            Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• but Big Diner's last stranglehold is Jersey.

the rest, well, are collateral damages in places that didn't fully appreciate the beauty of 24-hour diners.

the best ones have dozens of pages of entrees, which is hilarious because there is almost nothing off the menu that they can't make.

I may hit a Jersey diner tomorrow in solidarity. I'm down to maybe 10 in a 25-mile radius, which may qualify it as an endangered species.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
              1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

but Big Diner's last stranglehold is Jersey.

the rest, well, are collateral damages in places that didn't fully appreciate the beauty of diners.
                Big Diner's is dead....long live Big Diner's. There are Big Diners all over America getting killed by Starbucks.
                The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• your lack of faith in Garden Staters may be misplaced.

this is the same state that voted by a 2-1 margin in 2011 to give a middle finger to the 1992 federal law banning sports betting outside of Nevada. Goliath was toppled in 2018.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

your lack of faith in Garden Staters may be misplaced.

this is the same state that voted by a 2-1 margin in 2011 to give a middle finger to the 1992 federal law banning sports betting outside of Nevada. Goliath was toppled in 2018.
                    I find my lack of faith disturbing
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

a diner down the road from me closed almost a year ago, and a Starbucks has risen in it place.

Franks Diner in Kenosha is fantastic and worth the wait. But Manny's Snack Shack in Twin Lakes Wisconsin is the best I have ever been to.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                        I find my lack of faith disturbing
                        I disagree

Comment

• I bought a Pez Santa yesterday.

Comment

• Originally posted by Whitey View Post
                            I bought a Pez Santa yesterday.
                            I disagree.
                            “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve 2.0 View Post
                              I disagree.
                              That doesn't make any sense.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                                That doesn't make any sense.
                                Welcome to my world.
                                “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

Working...
                                X