BLM Votes To Slaughter 44,000 Wild Horses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BLM Votes To Slaughter 44,000 Wild Horses

Seems a bit inefficient? Right? If we had a free market, we wouldn't need to mass terminate this many animals. These industry dominated bureaucracies simply wield too much power to enact far reaching edicts like this. Any organization that can unilaterally condemn 44,000 animals to death should be questioned.

The U.S. Bureau of Land Management voted to kill 44,000 of the 67,000 total wild horses in the country to make room for more beef cattle last Friday.

The vote came two months after beef industry representatives testified on Capitol Hill, demanding that the agency kill all 44,000 wild horses currently held captive in BLM holding facilities and round-up the majority of the rest for sterilization.
    Wild horses live on only 11 percent of BLM-managed land (27 million acres in 10 states), and in most cases they share the land with privately owned cattle, she said. “Livestock outnumber horses and burros 47 to 1, and livestock are allocated 82 percent of the forage.” Who’s starving out who again?
    Last edited by ; 09-14-2016, 02:28 PM.

thats awful.
    "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
      thats awful.
      They should have every member of the committee participate in the euthanasia process. Everything is so easy and seamless from the perch of delegation.

Comment

Originally posted by PaleoMan View Post
        Seems a bit inefficient? Right? If we had a free market, we wouldn't need to mass terminate this many animals. These industry dominated bureaucracies simply wield too much power to enact far reaching edicts like this. Any organization that can unilaterally condemn 44,000 animals to death should be questioned.

http://returntonow.net/2016/09/11/bl...0-wild-horses/
        Yes, if it were true, and actually happening, it would be awful...but the BLM has NOT voted to do so, it was an advisory committee recommendation...

Although an advisory board recommended it, the U.S. Bureau of Land Management (BLM) did not vote to euthanize 44,000 wild horses,

Turns out that the wild horse population is growing by 15-20% a year, an unsustainable level that needs to be controlled, but scientifically is the preferred way to handle it.
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

Black Lives Matter but Wild Horses don't?
          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

I was trying to figure out why Black Lives Matter had so many horses. Confused the hell out of me, at first.
            Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Working...
            X