How to Win an Election

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Win an Election

So I am going to be helping a family friend run for re-election as a State Rep. She is well-liked and there are two seats available with three candidates running. She is a Republican (more Libertarian) and running against two Democrats. One she is friendly with and the other one she butts heads with.

I am going to be the man behind the curtain so I was wondering if anyone had any experience doing this and had suggestions?

We have a limited budget so we will be doing a lot of 'feet on the street', door-to-door work but I will also:

- Write ads (video and radio)
    - Prepare counter material for her opponents
    - put out signs strategically
    - Position her image smartly

Any other ideas?
    Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

How big is your area, in size and population, and is it more down-home or city folk? Depending upon which, radio can be a huge bargain during drive time, even though there are a lot of stations, and rates are generally negotiable. Good old boys (and girls) listen in, and television costs an arm and a leg.

Huge advantage running against two Dems, it seems to me. That would probably be my opener - balanced government, etc. I might also look at a non-aggression treaty with the Dem she gets along with. But don't let the other guy look like he is being ganged up on.

Retail politics are huge in the South, as you well know. My warning...I once did four catfish suppers, a chili cook-off, and two pancake breakfasts in 14 hours. Everybody expects you to eat, of course. I can't even stand to look at catfish anymore.

Depending upon how large your voter pool is, I may have a couple of actually decent suggestions, but you probably already know them.

Comment

horse head in the bed....
      "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

time travel

Comment

Working...
        X