Donald Trump and Russia...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
    I think you can split his support four ways, in descending order of how fired up they really are about Trump:

1) Cretins and nativists who respond to his racial trolling and promises to take America back to... 1980? 1880? I dunno, whatever he's saying on any given day.
    2) The Tea Party angry mob that backs him because they hate the Republican establishment and want to see it burned to the ground.
    3) People who have immersed themselves in right wing media and are convinced that Hillary is the devil, and must be stopped at any cost.
    4) Sensible conservative folk who know he's a buffoon, but realize that he's their only option for conservative policies and court nominees.

Maybe 2 & 3 should be switched?

I'm really not sure what percentage of his supporters fall into each category. I have a lot of conservative/ Republican family, friends, and acquaintances, and most of them fit into category 4, but obviously there's selection bias there, because I wouldn't voluntarily associate with the others. My dad is Category 3 Trump supporter, I'm sad to say... :facepalm:
    Pretty good list but I must admit that my parents are full Trump supporters and they've been fairly agnostic (can I equate politics to religion?) for most of my life. My dad has always pulled the republican lever but he never paid much attention to who he was voting for, my mom never even votes or cares but she's convinced Hilary is the devil like you said. But neither of my parents would even know what right wing media is. They watch tv news but not Fox, subscribe to Time, and really dont get on the web that much. I'm not sure how they even know she's the devil.
    "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

So now he was being sarcastic. Ok, does this moron realize how serious this position is? It's like a big fucking joke to him but we're the punchline.
      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
        So now he was being sarcastic. Ok, does this moron realize how serious this position is? It's like a big fucking joke to him but we're the punchline.
        He's doing the typical cowardly thing when they find out something that they said is so monumentally stupid: "Hey, I was just joking! Anyone who would take that idea seriously is crazy..."

Just another gutless asshole throwing out crap that he's always been able to get away with, and now it's time to be an adult and he doesn't have the faintest clue how to do it...
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

And his son is the same way, saying the President stole a line from his speech, now saying he was joking (once he found out the Prez has been using the line for years).

My belief as to why this board is anti-Trump is not because it is liberal...it's because this Board is anti-authoritarian. A yuge portion of Trumpers have a strong bent toward favoring authoritarian figures. This board definitely leans the other way, whether liberals, libertarians, or otherwise. This is probably due, in large part, because there are very independently minded individuals, and probably because there a lot of people with a good bit of education. Trump's appeal is stronger for the uneducated population, which coincidentally, is more apt to be swayed by authoritarian appeals. (That's why after things like the attempted coup in Turkey the government rounded up all the teachers, etc.)

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky View Post
            And his son is the same way, saying the President stole a line from his speech, now saying he was joking (once he found out the Prez has been using the line for years).

My belief as to why this board is anti-Trump is not because it is liberal...it's because this Board is anti-authoritarian. A yuge portion of Trumpers have a strong bent toward favoring authoritarian figures. This board definitely leans the other way, whether liberals, libertarians, or otherwise. This is probably due, in large part, because there are very independently minded individuals, and probably because there a lot of people with a good bit of education. Trump's appeal is stronger for the uneducated population, which coincidentally, is more apt to be swayed by authoritarian appeals. (That's why after things like the attempted coup in Turkey the government rounded up all the teachers, etc.)
            This is what I have gathered and what scares me the most. I realize US schools aren't as good as they should be, but have we really produced enough half-wit racist assholes to get a guy like Trump into the White House? I've never been wholly republican/democrat, mostly because I don't follow politics closely, but this election has me running far left until the republicans extinguish this dumpster fire.

Comment

Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
              I've never been wholly republican/democrat, mostly because I don't follow politics closely, but this election has me running far left until the republicans extinguish this dumpster fire.
              Same here. I've voted for both Dem and Rep and 3rd party too. But with this nonsense, I wont' vote a single R across the ballot as long as the GOP embraces people like Trump.

Comment

Drumpf finally responds to Mike Bloomberg's scathing speech -- and mocks his height, calling him a "very little person."

Can you imagine this buffoon in discussions with foreign leaders, potentially those who get under his skin? Will he mock them publicly, too? It boggles my mind that this complete asshole can become president of this great country. It boggles my mind that a smart guy like Chancellor is going to vote for him.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                  Drumpf finally responds to Mike Bloomberg's scathing speech -- and mocks his height, calling him a "very little person."

Can you imagine this buffoon in discussions with foreign leaders, potentially those who get under his skin? Will he mock them publicly, too? It boggles my mind that this complete asshole can become president of this great country. It boggles my mind that a smart guy like Chancellor is going to vote for him.
                  Ooooooh, sick burn, Donald. "Very little person." You sure put him in his place. His insults aren't even creative. If he's going to make his living branding people with "derogatory" names, he's got to bring more to the table. Hell, he already used the "little" one on Marco Rubio. For someone with the "best" vocabulary who "has the best words," he's already gone back to the "little" well pretty quickly. At least go with "diminutive" or "vertically challenged."

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                    It boggles my mind that a smart guy like Chancellor is going to vote for him.
                    not really. If you believe that even the worst president cant do too much damage then you might say 4 bad years is potentially worth 30 better years of SCOTUS. Because on the other side you have 4 bad years of president, for different reasons than Trump would be bad, and 30 bad years of SCOTUS. Its really a crap sandwich vs a shit sandwich.

edit: sigh, just made myself more depressed.
                    "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

And another reason that I look to the more centrist candidate of the Libertarian party is that they have indicated that they would look to solid more centrist judges that have an "original intention" Constitutional bent - rather than judges that may be farther left or right. I will take 4 centrists that will be able to analyze the issues doing it rooted in established juris prudence.
                      It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
                      Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
                        not really. If you believe that even the worst president cant do too much damage then you might say 4 bad years is potentially worth 30 better years of SCOTUS. Because on the other side you have 4 bad years of president, for different reasons than Trump would be bad, and 30 bad years of SCOTUS. Its really a crap sandwich vs a shit sandwich.

edit: sigh, just made myself more depressed.
                        again, who are the "great" nominees you think Trump will push for SC? Please don't say Ted Cruz
                        "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

To be honest, I consider 'original intent' of constitutional interpretation to be code for 'conservative', and has not a lot to do with original intent, or even agree that original intent of the framers, if known, is correct for modern America. They call it a living document for a reason. To me it's a made up term to help justify a political leaning position in a patriotic way.

Comment

I would hope this board would be more anti-stupid than just anti-authoritarian, this is the fantasy baseball site, not fantasy football/FBG!
                            "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by Igor View Post
                              To be honest, I consider 'original intent' of constitutional interpretation to be code for 'conservative', and has not a lot to do with original intent, or even agree that original intent of the framers, if known, is correct for modern America. They call it a living document for a reason. To me it's a made up term to help justify a political leaning position in a patriotic way.
                              yep, the original intent of the constitution was to let landed educated white dudes hang on to more of their money and keep European kings out of their hair, while everyone else stays in the kitchen or out in the fields where they belong.....

Comment

Originally posted by Igor View Post
                                It may be a "living document" but there was intent by its authors and picking judges that are either far left or right, at least in my mind is not prudent. I would prefer someone more centrist and does not have an intention of pushing an agenda.
                                It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
                                Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

Working...
                                X