Donald Trump and Russia...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
    For those of you stone deaf and/or unable to read. If you believe that if Trump is elected that he'll be able to turn himself into some sort of unchecked dictator, yes, you are a conspiracy theorist...
    Come on chance, I'm not even sure who you are taking to with this. You aren't addressing the large majority of posts in here which are well thought out and clearly articulated posts. I don't read anyone in here screaming that he'll become an unchecked dictator.
    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by gcstomp View Post
      Or you can say both sides are crap
      after doing your own research on both candidates and vote for a third party candidate that better fits your beliefs.
      Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by ironfist View Post
        So in your opinion, there is no downside to a Russian agent being the president of the US? Can you not imagine any damage coming from such a scenario?
        Ah, the madness continues. Trump is a Russian agent, eh?

Holy crap. You guys are insane. I'm out. Like for a really long time.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

He's no agent

He had a chance to put out a fire yesterday and instead, he dumped gasoline all over it.

Comment

I know it must be painful rationalizing voting for a demagogue. But blame your fellow Republicans who nominated him, not those rightfully criticizing him from all across the political spectrum.
            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
            - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Has anyone noticed the irony in chancellor's position yet?

Comment

So I guess that you have no answer to the question then...funny how partisan politics seems to Trump all, including potential treason. See what I did there?
                "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                -Warren Ellis

Comment

you need to realize what forum you're on.
                  "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Honest question - are republicans who trash Hillary just trying to save face because they would rather have a republican win at any cost or do they actually believe in Trump? This whole thing plays like a really bad satirical comedy so far.

Comment

Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
                      Honest question - are republicans who trash Hillary just trying to save face because they would rather have a republican win at any cost or do they actually believe in Trump? This whole thing plays like a really bad satirical comedy so far.
                      But it's like a Dane Cook satirical comedy. Cause it's not funny.
                      I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

I think you can split his support four ways, in descending order of how fired up they really are about Trump:

1) Cretins and nativists who respond to his racial trolling and promises to take America back to... 1980? 1880? I dunno, whatever he's saying on any given day.
                        2) The Tea Party angry mob that backs him because they hate the Republican establishment and want to see it burned to the ground.
                        3) People who have immersed themselves in right wing media and are convinced that Hillary is the devil, and must be stopped at any cost.
                        4) Sensible conservative folk who know he's a buffoon, but realize that he's their only option for conservative policies and court nominees.

Maybe 2 & 3 should be switched?

I'm really not sure what percentage of his supporters fall into each category. I have a lot of conservative/ Republican family, friends, and acquaintances, and most of them fit into category 4, but obviously there's selection bias there, because I wouldn't voluntarily associate with the others. My dad is Category 3 Trump supporter, I'm sad to say... :facepalm:
                        "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
                        "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
                        "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

As a reminder I am not voting for either of these two candidates.

That said - They do believe in Trump. He talks about what is important to them - job security, rebuilding the middle class, national security, illegal immigration.

They also believe that Hillary is someone that cant be trusted, has demonstrated poor decision making regarding policy, cant be trusted, flip flops when its politically advantageous, panders to special interests, cant be trusted, can be bought, and oh yeah cant be trusted.
                          It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
                          Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

America is full of stupid fucking people.
                            "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
                              I think you can split his support four ways, in descending order of how fired up they really are about Trump:

1) Cretins and nativists who respond to his racial trolling and promises to take America back to... 1980? 1880? I dunno, whatever he's saying on any given day.
                              2) The Tea Party angry mob that backs him because they hate the Republican establishment and want to see it burned to the ground.
                              3) People who have immersed themselves in right wing media and are convinced that Hillary is the devil, and must be stopped at any cost.
                              4) Sensible conservative folk who know he's a buffoon, but realize that he's their only option for conservative policies and court nominees.

I'm really not sure what percentage of his supporters fall into each category. I have a lot of conservative/ Republican family, friends, and acquaintances, and most of them fit into category 4, but obviously there's selection bias there, because I wouldn't voluntarily associate with the others. My dad is Category 3 Trump supporter, I'm sad to say... :facepalm:
                              Ironically, my parents are #3 Trump supporters as well (with a dash of 2 mixed in). They were out visiting last week, so I was scared it was going to be a long week, but they didn't really pontificate on him too much.
                              #smallblessings

Comment

Originally posted by senorsheep View Post

My Dad is # 4 all the way - Tho I am not sure he is going to vote trump - I bet Johnson . if he voted trump it is squarely because of Supreme court. _ He is 82.

My Mom on the other hand has already stated she won't vote trump. I don't think she has ever voted For a Dem. But I really think She will pull the lever for Hillary - just to keep Trump out. ( OF course she will never tell us - Esp Dad) she is 81.

I think Sheep has summed up the Trump voters to a T. Trump doesn't have to tell anyone how he will do anything. Most don't even believe that he can deliver - they are all voting their Anger - at somebody or something. Trump is their weapon - that is all they care to do - I don't give a fuck what he is saying I am voting for him anyway attitude. Hopefully there will be enough voters to keep him out.

And this is from someone who has voted for Reagan , Bush 1 - Bush 2 once and try to stop him with a Kasich vote this year. I for one will be voting Hillery - not because I like her but because I don't want to be known as the many Idiots who voted for Hitler...Trump. And then was shocked when it was a train wreck or worse much much much worse.

Comment

Working...
                                X