Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official "Is it just my gal, or do they all do this?" thread

ok, I'll start with Topic 1.

most of us, when we decide we will do something, do it.

My bride (we've been together 20 years), not so much.

like tonight, at 6 pm she gets home from work and says she'll be going for a walk in a little bit. after a half-hour of mostly one-sided chatter (not my side), she says let's order a pizza. I asked if we should wait until after she's back from her walk. she says no, I'm hungry so let's order now. pizza comes in a half hour, and at this time of year it's STILL light out at 8:25 pm and - no walk. (I should point out that she does do walks and she's only a size 6, so it's not slothfulness.)

happens all the time, with all kinds of "predictions," to the point where I know she's not going to do what she says she will do - but I swear she doesn't. like she'll say, "I'll wait til the traffic dies down before I go shopping" and she totally believes it. But I know she'll get immersed in Facebook and look up and it's 9 pm and oh well.

of course I'm not dumb enough to point to this peculiar behavior - well, not dumb enough to bring it up to HER, lol. she's always very sweet, but I think it would rattle her to realize that she's not in charge of her own ship.

feel free to respond to this one, or bring up your mystery....
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Man, you don't have enough misery in your life.

Comment

I'm not very good at marriage either. I've only done it once and still don't have it right after 20+ years.

J
      Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky View Post
        Man, you don't have enough misery in your life.
        yeah, this is all I got

maybe Mrs Lucky can be the thread advisor.....

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

This should be a great thread after everyone is done sharing....which will be never...lol

My wife is HORRIBLE about commenting on my driving and yet, she is much worse and I rarely say anything.

In fact, it's gotten so bad, that if we are taking a highway trip and there's at least one other person in the car with us, she'll make them sit in the front seat!

One of my favorite comments was when I was following someone turning left and in the middle of the intersection the car slowed down.

Of course, I got very close to them and my wife said, "Are you trying to hit them?"

I just looked at her like, "What?"

There are certainly issues that I have with her....but the driving one is the most irritating.

Hey, just my wife's issue....

Gris

Comment

My ex had a terrible habit of wanting to sleep before we had to do anything or go anywhere, especially in the evening. If you forced her to wake to get ready she became Regan MacNeil ... only worse.

Comment

Originally posted by griswold View Post
              This should be a great thread after everyone is done sharing....which will be never...lol

My wife is HORRIBLE about commenting on my driving and yet, she is much worse and I rarely say anything.

In fact, it's gotten so bad, that if we are taking a highway trip and there's at least one other person in the car with us, she'll make them sit in the front seat!

One of my favorite comments was when I was following someone turning left and in the middle of the intersection the car slowed down.

Of course, I got very close to them and my wife said, "Are you trying to hit them?"

There are certainly issues that I have with her....but the driving one is the most irritating.

Gris
              hey, I have this one, too

I prefer, then, to just have her drive. she wonders why. my only wince when she drives is that she's not fond of turn signals. but better that than a passenger-seat driver!

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

Gris
                How many times have you taken her suggested/required route even though you know a better way to go but it isnt worth the aggravation?

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                  hey, I have this one, too

I prefer, then, to just have her drive. she wonders why. my only wince when she drives is that she's not fond of turn signals. but better that than a passenger-seat driver!
                  Oh yeah, I have her drive most of the time as well....I forgot to mention that.

Comment

Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
                    How many times have you taken her suggested/required route even though you know a better way to go but it isnt worth the aggravation?
                    This one is occasionally....it's usually more (because she is driving), she takes a route that is way too long but it's the only one that she knows.

Comment

This one is occasionally....it's usually more (because she is driving), she takes a route that is way too long but it's the only one that she knows.
                      Oh, yeah.
                      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

We drive to work together and I drop her off downtown where she catches the commuter rail to her job while I keep the car and go to my office. She wants to be at the stop for the 7:55 or 8:05 train but typically we are late and she gets the 8:15 train putting her at work about 8:30. No biggie to her boss as she has to be there between 7:30 and 9:00 and she takes a 30 minute lunch to leave at 5:00. But the fact that she can't get the early train is my fault because I don't get out of bed in the morning and always make her late. I point out that we both wake up, shower, and get dressed in the morning but I go downstairs and feed the pets, put out the trash if it is Tuesday, get the newspaper, and frequently start reading the paper while I am sitting in the car waiting for her to finish getting ready. This conversation happens about once every other month and I always have the same answer but it is never good enough. Maybe I just need to set the clock forward 15 minutes and not tell her.

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                          ok, I'll start with Topic 1.

most of us, when we decide we will do something, do it.

My bride (we've been together 20 years), not so much.

like tonight, at 6 pm she gets home from work and says she'll be going for a walk in a little bit. after a half-hour of mostly one-sided chatter (not my side), she says let's order a pizza. I asked if we should wait until after she's back from her walk. she says no, I'm hungry so let's order now. pizza comes in a half hour, and at this time of year it's STILL light out at 8:25 pm and - no walk. (I should point out that she does do walks and she's only a size 6, so it's not slothfulness.)

happens all the time, with all kinds of "predictions," to the point where I know she's not going to do what she says she will do - but I swear she doesn't. like she'll say, "I'll wait til the traffic dies down before I go shopping" and she totally believes it. But I know she'll get immersed in Facebook and look up and it's 9 pm and oh well.

of course I'm not dumb enough to point to this peculiar behavior - well, not dumb enough to bring it up to HER, lol. she's always very sweet, but I think it would rattle her to realize that she's not in charge of her own ship.

feel free to respond to this one, or bring up your mystery....
                          Yes, but how is Mandy on this front?
                          Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                          We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

My wife has no sense of time. "I'll be off the computer in 5 minutes" means at least 30 minutes. "I'll be ready at noon" means at least 12:30. If I have to get her out the door by a certain time, I tell her to be ready much earlier than she actually needs to be.
                            Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                            We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Gris
                              This was my ex to a T.

It got so Bad - I quit driving - She did it all. Trip to Florida - she drove all 18 Hours down and back. I tried to sleep but she would wake me every 10 Minutes to ask

She" Are we on the right road? "
                              Me : " are we going South"
                              Her ; "Yes"
                              Me : "Then we are on the right road"

This went on for 18 Hours

Only person I know that after we got a Gps still got loss!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X