The Price is Right

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Price is Right

So here's an interesting thing that happened today.

The wife and I have been hunting this dinning room set that was discontinued, for about 3 months now. We stumbled across one of the set chairs at a clearance center for $30 and behold it had the original SKU# Now these chairs retailed at $275, but this was an obvious return as it's scratched a bit on on of the legs (fixable), is a little unsteady (but safe and fixable) and the seat is a bit dirty (but can be cleaned) so all in all, well worth the $30 and a bit of work IF and that's a big IF we can find 3 more chairs and the table........

So off to the retailer who originally carried the set and I give them the SKU and they FOUND!! a table in Salt Lake in a warehouse with one chair and another Chair in Cali in a storeroom and WE found a chair at a consignment store here in Vegas so the Wifey is happy, I'm happy and all is well..........Until

We return to the clearance center to grab the original damaged chair that was supposed to be $30 and for some reason it's now $129. I mention that the NEW chairs we got were $120 and the guys said, well we're giving an additional 20% out the door so it'll be only $115. He says the $120 hadn't had tax added so it's seemed closer that in was. Well I walk a bit do some math and yeah, if you charge me $129 and 8% sales tax after the 20% off you get close to $115 and I'm not good at math, but I knew it was off. I then did a quick calculation at the $120 price and with the discount (which was on everything that day) plus tax I'm looking at most about $106. So I remember that I has a picture of the tag from yesterday so I could use the SKU# and when I look at it I see the $29 blow out sale tag. These assholes had removed the tag, so I confront them and they say--it was mis tagged and that the special sale was for items over 30 days in the store and show me the date 4/20/16 I say o and ask if I can get an discount because of the damage, the guy says 10% more which would make it about $90 something. So I say I'll wait the 30 days , jump into the truck and head out.

About 100 yards I stop and say, Bullshit and turn the truck around and go back. I check the other tags close to our chair and the dates of the Blow Out sale and EVERY ONE was a recent date, in fact the oldest was 4/13/16. Add to that the fact that the Blow Out tag on the next chair over from mind was obviously removed from my chair (it had been stapled and removed) and then stapled to the next chair so now I'm pissed and ask for the manager, whom I show the picture to, show the tags on our chair and the other chairs and replay what had been told my wife and I.

Needless to say we got the chair for $30.

So see guys, you're not the only group that suffers my righteous indignation..........

PS. The Wifey loves the new set.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Tried to rip you off for the case chair! Un-American! Sad!

Comment

so - what does the table and chairs look like?

Comment

It was the rug that really made the room though
        "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

I think found a pic of the table ...

It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
            he told me to just pick a replacement

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
              I think found a pic of the table ...

Why do you have a picture of my table?

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                I assume you meant to say: That rug really tied the room together.

Comment

Here's one of the Chairs...

chair.jpg
                  If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                  Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

I was really hoping this was going to end up with the line from happy gilmore -- with you yelling "The price is wrong, bitch!" as you walked away with your $30 chair.

Happy Gilmore movie clips: http://j.mp/1L5ihmZBUY THE MOVIE: http://amzn.to/sWiRBADon't miss the HOTTEST NEW TRAILERS: http://bit.ly/1u2y6prCLIP DESCRIPTION:...

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                      I was really hoping this was going to end up with the line from happy gilmore -- with you yelling "The price is wrong, bitch!" as you walked away with your $30 chair.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QJiAK-s5a0
                      That would have been classic, but alas the Dbags who tried to rip me off were nowhere to be seen once I grab the manager......

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

meanwhile, somewhere in a big box retail store in california, a couple of minimum wage stoners are having a laugh about the old fart who went apeshit over a mispriced chair.
                        ~ all in all is all we are ~

kc

Comment

Originally posted by Cobain's Ghost View Post
                          meanwhile, somewhere in a big box retail store in california, a couple of minimum wage stoners are having a laugh about the old fart who went apeshit over a mispriced chair.
                          It's in Vegas and they were middle aged so it had to be cocaine

Comment

Originally posted by Hodor View Post
                            It's in Vegas and they were middle aged so it had to be cocaine
                            does coke even exist any more, I thought everything was stomped-on meth
                            "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Working...
                            X