The Showdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Showdown

So, as many of you are aware, my conflicts with my Ex and her new hubby have been extensive. Their failure to be adults in parenting my children, IMO, has led to a lot of angst and harm to both my kids and others due to their lax parenting.

As you well know my oldest was driving without a licensed adult when she hit the young man last year, due in part to the fact they let her drive without anyone i the car at home so she had, IMO no moral compass.

Fast forward a year. My daughter has completed her probation, was commended by the judge because she outdid herself in completing her probation requirements. She's doing great in school, has a job which she's been exceptionally responsible at (worked 11 straight days coming into today) keeping good grades and generally has cleaned up her life.

Well she had a fender bender and low and behold, her mom and step dad hadn't bothered to get her insurance coverage, she was driving their car.

Now they want HER to take responsibility, which she want's to, but IMO that's fine with the exception that she'll get hammered because she was driving without insurance.

So tonight 6 years of frustration was unleashed and in the end, the step dad came away enlightened as to the machinations of his wife, my ex.

I can't tell you how amazing it felt to just unburden myself of years of bottled up emotion and how shocked he was to hear things he'd never been privy to.

I can't imagine it'll be fun at their place tonight, but it sure feels great over here.

Has anyone else faced a similar, fuck you this is the truth you've been ignoring or denied, moment?

Did it feel as good as it felt for me?

I know, Doig Drama and who cares, but hey, tonight was a bellwether.

And I know, The Padres still suck.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Originally posted by eldiablo505

Best of luck to you and your daughter, man.
    You too bro, BTW great series.

Please try to get out this way, I can introduce to to far better micro brews than we shared in NMX.

Did I just blow your PBR cover?

Sorry but it was very fun.

Pam says HI!
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
      So, as many of you are aware, my conflicts with my Ex and her new hubby have been extensive. Their failure to be adults in parenting my children, IMO, has led to a lot of angst and harm to both my kids and others due to their lax parenting.

As you well know my oldest was driving without a licensed adult when she hit the young man last year, due in part to the fact they let her drive without anyone i the car at home so she had, IMO no moral compass.

Fast forward a year. My daughter has completed her probation, was commended by the judge because she outdid herself in completing her probation requirements. She's doing great in school, has a job which she's been exceptionally responsible at (worked 11 straight days coming into today) keeping good grades and generally has cleaned up her life.

Well she had a fender bender and low and behold, her mom and step dad hadn't bothered to get her insurance coverage, she was driving their car.

Now they want HER to take responsibility, which she want's to, but IMO that's fine with the exception that she'll get hammered because she was driving without insurance.

So tonight 6 years of frustration was unleashed and in the end, the step dad came away enlightened as to the machinations of his wife, my ex.

I can't tell you how amazing it felt to just unburden myself of years of bottled up emotion and how shocked he was to hear things he'd never been privy to.

I can't imagine it'll be fun at their place tonight, but it sure feels great over here.

Has anyone else faced a similar, fuck you this is the truth you've been ignoring or denied, moment?

I know, Doig Drama and who cares, but hey, tonight was a bellwether.

And I know, The Padres still suck.
      Don't know what to say, other than I really respect your efforts to be a great parent for your daughter in a tough situation. Hang in there, and I hope things work out for the best.
      ---------------------------------------------
      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
      ---------------------------------------------
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
        Don't know what to say, other than I really respect your efforts to be a great parent for your daughter in a tough situation. Hang in there, and I hope things work out for the best.
        It already is, My girls are smart and well aware of the circumstance.

Thanks for the encouragement.

I just am really glad I decided to return and not trust things to an once agreed upon, agreement.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

I've been there before and it does indeed feel good to let it all out. It also frees up your mind for more productive thoughts.

Sorry to hear about your daughters driving setback. All kids make mistakes. The encouraging thing is that she has shown the ability to learn from her mistakes thanks to your excellent guidance. Keep up the good work!
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505

Best of luck to you and your daughter, man.
            This was the first thing that popped into my head when I saw the thread title.
            Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
            We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Kids are smart, they know when the non-custodial parent loves them and is doing everything in the world to make their lives better. Even in bad circumstances (divorce), your children are very fortunate. I wish more kids had dads like you.

Enjoy the catharsis. The bad news is that all the revelations, no matter how earth shattering, may not affect things too much at the ex's house. Even if stepdad believes every word you say, she has one thing that you'll never have (Ahem!), which tends to make guys forget a lot. These aren't the droids you're looking for.

Regardless, the love you have for your family is an inspiration.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post

I had a couple of incidents when I've unloaded onto an ex. Regretted both. Shit said in the heat of the moment is rarely a smart thing.

Comment

Working...
                X