RIP Prince

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
    I like Prince's music. But he was a musician. A great one, but a musician.

Did he do anything else for the people? Maybe he gave untold millions to charities or other worthwhile causes? Did he? If so, great !

It just seems so overblown to elevate him to such a status upon his death, when a helluva lot of people don't even know who he was.
    You're just begging us to troll you when Lee, Lifeson and/or Peart die.
    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
      You're just begging us to troll you when Lee, Lifeson and/or Peart die.
      Sorry, but I don't care when people I don't actually know die. Never have, never will.
      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Prince had no will and his estate would probably go to his sister and five half-siblings. I'm assuming that they would also take control of most of his music. I had heard that Warner Brothers owns his earlier material such as Purple Rain and 1999. Not sure if that is still the case. Especially interesting is the unreleased stuff from the vault.

http://money.cnn.com/2016/04/26/news...ill/index.html
        Last edited by madducks; 04-26-2016, 02:26 PM.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Great Prince story:

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Does Prince have a son?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...on-estate.html

"The 'love-child', a man in his 30s and from Prince's home state of Minnesota, is believed to be the product of a fling the Purple Rain singer had with an as yet unknown woman in the mid-80s."

"Prince never made a will because he was scared of being 'screwed over' by putting his signature on legal documents, it has been claimed. The singer is said to have been 'paranoid' after having problems with contracts in his younger years as an emerging star."

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Here's Prince simply engaging the audience in a rare acoustic set. Dare i say it, but this guy was on the level of Elvis when it came to commanding a room. And the guy just had so many different styles of music that he could excel at.

Last edited by madducks; 12-31-2020, 07:03 PM. Reason: video#3

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Forgive me pls if someone else already posted this but I found this YT video of a guy I'd never heard of but who is apparently somewhat famous in his own right (Kevin Smith) who described his experience in doing a "documentary" about Prince at his Paisley Palace in Minnesota. It's pretty funny and shows some different sides of Prince that perhaps many dont know about.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

I had planned on watching only a few minutes of this but it was so interesting and amusing that I couldnt stop and ended up viewing the whole thing.
                Last edited by rhd; 05-08-2016, 12:24 AM.

Comment

And let's not forget Prince could ball:

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                    You've never heard of Kevin Smith? He's made several of the best comedies I've ever seen, plus he's a pretty awesome dude in his own right.

Edit: Oldsters here not knowing Kevin Smith makes me wonder how many kids are out there who have never heard of Prince. He had't been a big star for a couple decades, had he?
                    Prince has always been a big star, not top 40 hits kind of a guy, he hasn't had that since the Little Red Corvette days. But, he had that mystique, that aura of crazy and cool, that made him. SNL had the Prince bits for years, and musicians always had the ultimate respect for him. So I think that anyone with a passing acquaintance with music knew who Price was...
                    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                    -Warren Ellis

Comment

You've never heard of Kevin Smith? He's made several of the best comedies I've ever seen, plus he's a pretty awesome dude in his own right.

Edit: Oldsters here not knowing Kevin Smith makes me wonder how many kids are out there who have never heard of Prince. He hadn't been a big star for a couple decades, had he?
                      I wouldn't be surprised to see the non-cd-buying generation push the popularity of Prince to new heights now that his vast library of tunes has suddenly appeared out of nowhere on the internet. There's a lot of his stuff from the last 20 years that i hadn't heard either. He seemed to prefer being mysterious and flying under the radar. I bet he drove his marketing people insane.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Nope. Not interested in too many modern movies and in particular dont go in much for comedies.

Smith does seem like a cool dude and great storyteller. The video made me think he could be a stand-up comedian himself.

Comment

Originally posted by rhd View Post
                          Nope. Not interested in too many modern movies and in particular dont go in much for comedies.

Smith does seem like a cool dude and great storyteller. The video made me think he could be a stand-up comedian himself.
                          And somewhere Silent Bob screams out in pain....

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                            Prince has always been a big star, not top 40 hits kind of a guy, he hasn't had that since the Little Red Corvette days. But, he had that mystique, that aura of crazy and cool, that made him. SNL had the Prince bits for years, and musicians always had the ultimate respect for him. So I think that anyone with a passing acquaintance with music knew who Price was...
                            I may be wrong on this, not knowing a lot about prince, but I think he has had at least ten Top 40 singles since Little Red Corvette, and that is counting just the regular US chart. If you count the R&B chart, or the Iternational charts, it would be higher.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky View Post
                              I may be wrong on this, not knowing a lot about prince, but I think he has had at least ten Top 40 singles since Little Red Corvette, and that is counting just the regular US chart. If you count the R&B chart, or the Iternational charts, it would be higher.
                              He was still huge in the early 90's.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky View Post
                                Alright, totally forgot that Little Red Corvette was in 1983...how time flies when you're having fun.

The latest top 40 hit domestically I could find was 2004....Call my Name.
                                "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                                - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                                -Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
                                X