RIP Prince

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by madducks View Post
    I know this is almost 20 minutes long, but what the hell. It's probably not going to be up for long and it's pretty damn good! Another great Prince guitar solo here as well.

Holy crap that was good.

Comment

Mith gonna Mith.
      Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
      We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
        Mith gonna Mith.
        Um, man you guys are lost.
        A Squire is below a prince in the rankings of royalty. Get it!

That joke was lost on you guys....
        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
          Springsteen opened his "The River" album show at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn tonight with "Purple Rain," fyi
          As a Springsteen fan I would be a bit ticked off. I paid to see him do his songs, not covers.
          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

That's a pretty lame way to look at the concert experience.

ETA: even lamer when you consider that Springsteen had included covers in his sets since the 70s.

I am hard-pressed to think of a dumber comment ever made in a music thread on this board. I'd go ElD on you if I had the energy.

Comment

ETA: even lamer when you consider that Springsteen had included covers in his sets since the 70s.
              I am hard-pressed to think of a dumber comment ever made in a music thread on this board. I'd go ElD on you if I had the energy.
              well, the thread is titled Rip Prince. Mith is only following directions.
              I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

I watched Purple Rain twice this week, fuck is Appollonia smoking hot....
                "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Gina Gershon of Showgirls fame says she turned downed the Appollionia role because she was only 18 and wasn't ready for it....
                  finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                  own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                  won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                  RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                  C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                  1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                  OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

He's obviously trolling at this point, not sure why anyone takes the bait.
                    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Well I have 3 friends who are all big Bruce fans and all three don't like it when he does covers.

But, hey you guys on this site are always right in your opinions. i forgot that.

Comment

if anyone is in the market, Prince's former Toronto home is up for sale (he lived here for the 5 years that he was married to a local girl in the early 2000's).

12.7 million (that's about 9 mil US) gets you 14,000 sq ft.

http://www.thestar.com/entertainment...7-million.html
                        It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

My sister is a huge Bruce fan, and she's kind of meh on the covers too - some she really likes, others no.

I'd be interested hearing Bruce's cover of Purple Rain. IMO, that has train wreck written all over it.
                          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                            Well I have 3 friends who are all big Bruce fans and all three don't like it when he does covers.

But, hey you guys on this site are always right in your opinions. i forgot that.
                            You've mathematically proven your point with a hefty sample size. You win.

You must have been PISSED when Rush released that covers EP and added "Summertime Blues" to their live sets.

Comment

You've mathematically proven your point with a hefty sample size. You win.

You must have been PISSED when Rush released that covers EP and added "Summertime Blues" to their live sets.
                              nicely played!
                              It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                                well, the thread is titled Rip Prince. Mith is only following directions.
                                Perhaps we could rename this thread "RIP Prince/Things that Mith doesn't like".
                                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X