Separation of Church and State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Separation of Church and State

I really wish that the religious right and their government representatives would understand that creating laws allowing someone to not serve someone else because of their religious view is going to crush this country.

If the Christian baker doesnt have to serve cake to the homo-sexual - then the Muslim Target employee doesnt have to ring up pork products and the Hindu can free all of the cows at the cattle ranches as they are sacred animals.....

Some may question whether I am a Christian or not. I am an American who believes that every time the religious right continues down this road they forget that it applies to other religions too.

I thought this might be a good change of conversation from the asinine political primaries.
    It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
    Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

ah, but they're "smarter" than that. They're specifically writing the laws to protect their preferred religions now. https://popehat.com/2016/04/08/lawsp...law-do-anyway/
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

I know that I am not the person I was brought up to be, but when I read these "religious liberty" laws I want to ask "Did you people ever go to Sunday School?"

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
        ah, but they're "smarter" than that. They're specifically writing the laws to protect their preferred religions now. https://popehat.com/2016/04/08/lawsp...law-do-anyway/
        Popehat is awesome.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
          Popehat is awesome.
          I love this one, "Yes with an if, or no with a but."
          Also, "WAITING FOR SMARTER PEOPLE."

J
          Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

TEN took it even farther and trying to pass a law where professionals don't have to counsel someone.

Comment

Working...
            X