White House Releases Obama Birth Certificate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PaleoMan View Post
    Why not hold this for an October surprise? This makes no sense whatsoever. You could theoretically cruise to an easy victory with a likely 5 to 10 percent bump. Why would anyone cash in the biggest chip in all the land on April 27th, 2011?

BTW Denninger is freaking out about the inconsistencies in the document and he's no birther:
    http://market-ticker.org/
    You've just demonstrated why this may well be the gift that keeps on giving, as you're still giving credence to the conspiracy one sentence after you chastise the President for not waiting until October 2012 to resolve the conspiracy, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
      You've just demonstrated why this may well be the gift that keeps on giving, as you're still giving credence to the conspiracy one sentence after you chastise the President for not waiting until October 2012 to resolve the conspiracy, lol.
      You may be right, yet again. This is obviously a completely dead issue to moderates and independents. So if the right continues to chase this pipe dream, it just marginalizes them all the further. It moves this kooky conspiracy theory back into the realm of kooky conspiracy theory.
      “Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.”
      -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Right back at ya.

One thing that I found amusing is that at lest one of the conspiracy people considered that birthplace a secondary issue. The real issue, in his mind, was that Frank Marshal Davis was Obama's real father. Oddly, then the issue of BHO's citizenship never comes up. The challange to his citizenship is a by product of a coverup, or so he says.

FMD, was born in the same county as myself, though I never heard of him til he became important in the Obama saga. Politically, he would be a handicap, but no more so than several other men in Obama's prepolitical life. Personally, he was much more important to BHO than his own (supposed) father.

In any event, that side of the origins question is not going away. FWIW

J
        Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
          Right back at ya.

One thing that I found amusing is that at lest one of the conspiracy people considered that birthplace a secondary issue. The real issue, in his mind, was that Frank Marshal Davis was Obama's real father. Oddly, then the issue of BHO's citizenship never comes up. The challange to his citizenship is a by product of a coverup, or so he says.

FMD, was born in the same county as myself, though I never heard of him til he became important in the Obama saga. Politically, he would be a handicap, but no more so than several other men in Obama's prepolitical life. Personally, he was much more important to BHO than his own (supposed) father.

J
          Okie dokie. And I'm sure if I join the chorus of folks who think that race has a little something to do with the fact that so many people are so interest in "origins questions", for a guy who publicly shared more about his life and his influences before becoming a political candidate than probably any president in US history, I'm sure I'll be accused of playing the "race card". If you've got a problem with his policies, then go after his policies. Not his alleged "origins".

Comment

Right back at ya.

J
            I never heard of this guy until today, and just surfed a little to read about him. Not someone I'd want my kids to hang out with. But, why is the real issue whether Davis was the President's father or not? Are you saying that if the dad is a bad guy then the son must be a bad guy? This is one conspiracy theory where I don't see the point. B-Fly is right. Origins question is just another form of thinly veiled racism.

Comment

Who, in their right mind, frigging cares? I'm no Obama fan, but this is moronic. It's not even borderline moronic. It's halfwit, IQ of 50, Michael Savage on a drunk stupid.

Let's just start with the premise that this is right, and his mom lied about who fathered him. And let's even assume Barack Obama found out about this at some point. Exactly why should he embarass his mother by conceding this?

Oh, and the premise that it's right is, oh, about 0.00000000005% likely.
              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                Who, in their right mind, frigging cares? I'm no Obama fan, but this is moronic. It's not even borderline moronic. It's halfwit, IQ of 50, Michael Savage on a drunk stupid.

Let's just start with the premise that this is right, and his mom lied about who fathered him. And let's even assume Barack Obama found out about this at some point. Exactly why should he embarass his mother by conceding this?

Oh, and the premise that it's right is, oh, about 0.00000000005% likely.
                A bipartisan voice of reason.

Comment

Karl is going to be found up dead somewhere. The obamabots have filled his inbox with more hatemail than you could ever conceive.

Last edited by ; 05-02-2011, 08:12 PM.

Comment

"...Michael Savage on a drunk stupid."

He's angry and he's crazy and he's practically an anarchist, but he's not stupid. Savage has master's degrees in anthropology and botany, and a Ph.D. in nutrition. He and Maddow are 1000 times brighter than most of the double-digit IQ types who inhabit talk radio.....
                    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post

He's angry and he's crazy and he's practically an anarchist, but he's not stupid. Savage has master's degrees in anthropology and botany, and a Ph.D. in nutrition. He and Maddow are 1000 times brighter than most of the double-digit IQ types who inhabit talk radio.....
                      He has delusions of grandeur. His ego could barely fit into an airplane hangar. But I agree. He's the antithesis of stupid.

Comment

I know you like Savage and all, but having a high IQ and being stupid are not necessarily mutually exclusive events, IMO. And Savage is as roaringly stupid as they come - he simply makes people like Hannity, Maddow and Limbaugh seem like reasonable, intelligent talk radio personalities.

Comment

Well, depends on one's definition of "stupid." I take it as 'dumb' and sounds like you don't?

I wouldn't say that I "like" Savage. It is interesting that the same unquestionably smart person can be such a raconteur about his dog and his boat and his world travels - and also morph into a knuckle-dragging, mouth-breathing lunatic who wants most of Congress, it seems, prosecuted for treason and ACLU lawyers placed in the same situation. He is free speech personified, really. It makes you wince, but the alternative - only state-approved discussion - is so much worse.
                          finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Well, depends on one's definition of "stupid." I take it as 'dumb' and sounds like you don't?

I wouldn't say that I "like" Savage. It is interesting that the same unquestionably smart person can be such a raconteur about his dog and his boat and his world travels - and also morph into a knuckle-dragging, mouth-breathing lunatic who wants most of Congress, it seems, prosecuted for treason and ACLU lawyers placed in the same situation. He is free speech personified, really. It makes you wince, but the alternative - only state-approved discussion - is so much worse.
                            I'd accept dumb. I do use stupid and dumb interchangeably.

I agree with you concerning free speech, too. I'm all for Savage having the ability to vent his spleen, no matter how vile I personally find him. It's why I hold the whole "civility" issue in such disdain - among the political, "civility" is simply code for "not letting you say what I don't like". We see that in campus speech codes, for example. Both the ACLU and FIRE have done excellent work in that regard.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                              I'd accept dumb. I do use stupid and dumb interchangeably.

I agree with you concerning free speech, too. I'm all for Savage having the ability to vent his spleen, no matter how vile I personally find him. It's why I hold the whole "civility" issue in such disdain - among the political, "civility" is simply code for "not letting you say what I don't like". We see that in campus speech codes, for example. Both the ACLU and FIRE have done excellent work in that regard.
                              I oppose civility mandates/regulations. I have no problem with public exhortations to disagree with each other more agreeably.

Comment

I oppose civility mandates/regulations. I have no problem with public exhortations to disagree with each other more agreeably.
                                That's the dumbest f*cking thing you've ever said, you pinko commie!
                                “Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.”
                                -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Working...
                                X