Do me a favor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Steve View Post
    If you have a spouse or significant other, the next time you see them give them a long kiss and tell them how much they mean to you.

If you don't have a spouse or significant other, call (no text) or in person tell a sibling,parent or friend how much they mean to you.

That's a pretty easy favor, right?

You are the one doing us a favor. Thanks.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    ---------------------------------------------
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

My wife now knows 2 things about the Sports Bar, the first is for some crazy reason I met a guy called 'Fresno', who I only knew from online, out for the evening and came home inebriated and babbling about meeting Julian Tavarez at a sushi bar.

The other is this. Thanks Steve.

Comment

If you have a spouse or significant other, the next time you see them give them a long kiss and tell them how much they mean to you.

If you don't have a spouse or significant other, call (no text) or in person tell a sibling,parent or friend how much they mean to you.

That's a pretty easy favor, right?

For you? Anything, Steve!

Done!

Thank you...
        I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
        You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
        "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
        It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

Arrrgh! I always seem too busy pillaging and drinking to remember this. Not the worst thing I've forgotten to do, but a very worthy reminder.

Thanks Steve! Keep in mind that the closest otter may be behind you!
          "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
          "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
            You're a good egg.
            Second that, and then some.
            “Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.”
            -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

You know what. I'd like to ask you all to do this again.

Comment

Originally posted by Midnight Otter View Post
                Will do, my friend!

Comment

Will do Steve. I am so sorry for you. That new normal sucks.
                  Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

You don't know how many smiles you've given me over the years, friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Whitey View Post
                      You don't know how many smiles you've given me over the years, friend.
                      Thank you, Whitey. I'm just an old hick Okie trying to not be too serious.

Comment

he's Coxcomb worthy

#googleit
                        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

We are leaving for a long weekend tomorrow. Will do!

Comment

Originally posted by Piney Boy View Post
                            Will do Steve. I am so sorry for you. That new normal sucks.
                            Three times yesterday I just stood and cried for about 30 seconds. Just out of the blue. I miss her so much.

Comment

Steve -
                              That would seem to be normal in my eyes. She must have been an amazing gal!
                              It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
                              Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

Three times yesterday I just stood and cried for about 30 seconds. Just out of the blue. I miss her so much.
                                So sorry buddy. I understand. I was downstairs where my daughter had her bedroom last night. Yeah we are fixing up the basement for my son and his fiance, but she should still be here. I lost it too and it has been 3 years.

It gets easier, but some days are rough. My wife is still struggling. I will say it again.....the new normal sucks.
                                Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

Working...
                                X