Mass shootings..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mass shootings..

Why are so many occurring? Guns have always been readily available. So what is causing the increase?
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
    Why are so many occurring? Guns have always been readily available. So what is causing the increase?
    The increase in prescribing psychiatric drugs that cause previously peaceful people to become violent and suicidal. But, hey it's good for the pharmaceutical business. No need to study the side-effects when the money is rolling in.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

well, there's this ...

Want mass shootings to stop? Here are the 46 people you have to convince. Two years ago, after the Sandy Hook Elementary School shootings, these 46 legislators voted against a bill that would have introduced universal background checks on gun purchases. Of these senators, 43 accepted money from the gun industry. Polls show most Americans support tougher gun laws, including Republicans and gun owners. Three key legislators are highlighted in the darker green below. You do not have to live in a senator’s district or state to express your opinion, nor to donate to his opponent.
      Meet the 46 U.S. Senators Who Voted Against Sensible Gun Control Law

Background checks on gun purchases ... I'm sure that there are some details to work out but this should be a no-brainer for anyone wanting to actually make a difference.
      It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
        well, there's this ...

Meet the 46 U.S. Senators Who Voted Against Sensible Gun Control Law

Background checks on gun purchases ... I'm sure that there are some details to work out but this should be a no-brainer for anyone wanting to actually make a difference.
        None from PA. That's good.
        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

It is not pc to even whisper, but in addition to wild west gun loving culture of U.S., the influence of NRA in congress to stifle common sense measures after Sandy Hook, the dirty word to me is psychotropics.

The other industrialized nations do not have mass shootings in scale and frequency of U.S., they have common sense gun laws with restrictive handgun ownership, true and blah blah, as that is still short of the gist. Our partner nations have adapted universal health care with layers more treatment in health care field. We have the scip pad out in a hurry prescribing psychotropics without the care. The majority of mass shooters were on psych meds. I get that there already exists stigma with those who need mental health care and this area is taboo to even utter.

Correlation does not cause causation is the quip of a couple on board. Saying that all the shooters drank water every day, outlaw water is a quip. The correlation to predisposition of mass shooters to be on powerful psychiatric drugs without corresponding intensive and expensive mental health care treatment is the issue, but one we are many years from even beginning to prove.

Comment

Working...
          X