Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

At least 20 dead in yet another mass shooting.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At least 20 dead in yet another mass shooting.

San Bernardino, multiple shooters, explosive device on property.

WTF is happening to this country?
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Maybe not all 20 dead as initially reported, but 12 confirmed.

Developmentally challenged outreach center........
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

up to three shooters in body armour & masks attack a developmentally challenged outreach centre - not that any mass shooting makes sense but this really is bizarre
      It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
        up to three shooters in body armour & masks attack a developmentally challenged outreach centre - not that any mass shooting makes sense but this really is bizarre
        There is some speculation that this is an actual foreign attack, hitting a soft target to elicit an emotional response, but then that could be said of a lot of our past shootings.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
          There is some speculation that this is an actual foreign attack, hitting a soft target to elicit an emotional response, but then that could be said of a lot of our past shootings.
          Lets not speculate on the motives of the shooters yet...there'll be plenty of that elsewhere on the internet.
          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
          -Warren Ellis

Comment

Much better than I could hope for...

daily news.jpg
            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
            -Warren Ellis

Comment

As horrible as this was, this was not the most shocking thing I read about the gun debate yesterday:

Gun background checks hit new record on Black Friday – at two per second

More atrocities, more mass shootings, more public anger and frustration = greater and greater gun sales.

I really do not know what can be done about that. I don't think anything can or will be done. Some problems are too big to fix, and we no longer live in a world were ideas and principles matter, so it's not like any one, or any political body / institution will be prepared to take real action.

Just to put those numbers into perspective ... there are about 70,000 children born in the USA every week ... look at those weekly background checks!
              Last edited by johnnya24; 12-03-2015, 08:30 AM.

Comment

And why doesn't there seem to be any video footage of these mass killings? Surely there are video camera's at some of these places...
                Last edited by Mithrandir; 12-03-2015, 02:48 PM.
                "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                  And why doesn't there seem to be any video footage of these mass killings? Surely there are video camera's at some of these places...
                  one of the first things the investigation would do is confiscate any surveillance tapes (i.e. digital storage) to support the investigation, and rightly so - making them publicly available immediately could hamper the ongoing investigation.

they will likely come out in due course.
                  It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Someone post a cartoon or make a joke about the prophet??? Hebdo anyone....
                    It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
                    Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                      one of the first things the investigation would do is confiscate any surveillance tapes (i.e. digital storage) to support the investigation, and rightly so - making them publicly available immediately could hamper the ongoing investigation.

they will likely come out in due course.
                      Sure they will....
                      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Working...
                      X