Hey Twin Cities folks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Twin Cities folks

My wife & I are coming to Minneapolis next weekend because I had some Delta flight credit I needed to use up & was able to get 1st class flights direct under the amount. We get in mid-day on the 4th and leave around 3p on the 6th. What are some things we should look into doing besides MOA?

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
    You betcha tha wife & I are comin ta Minneapolis next weekend. Dontcha know that I had some Delta flight credit I needed ta use up & was able ta get 1st class flights direct under the amount. We get in mid-day on tha 4th and leave around 3pm on tha 6th. What are some things we should look into doing besides MOA?
    Fixed ... they won't understand what you wrote dude.

Comment

At this point I can offer you the Hollydazzle, an annual Christmas festival that just started. The Bride might like that... http://www.holidazzle.com/

Any other interests that you guys have? That might help point the way a bit...
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

Thanks, Hornsby. We like food & local activities --- which of the breweries would be the best to tour?

Comment

Thanks, Hornsby. We like food & local activities --- which of the breweries would be the best to tour?
          Surly has recently opened up a big taproom, well worth the trip. Here's an article about several others...

I'll check with a buddy of mine who's more tuned into the local brewing scene.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Here are some more that he recommended...

Of course I'm a fan of Excelsior, I just went to lucid in Eden Prairie… Lupine in Delano.

But the highest concentrations probably in Northeast 612, dangerous man… And plenty others

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Check out Rice Park in St. Paul at night as well, another holiday attraction. Summit Brewery is the big boy here when it comes to breweries. I second Horns on Surly. Surly is the darling of the Twin Cities. I have heard great things about the tour and the attached restaurant.
              "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
              - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
              - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                Surly has recently opened up a big taproom, well worth the trip. Here's an article about several others...

I'll check with a buddy of mine who's more tuned into the local brewing scene.
                Surly? The bike company? They also have a brewery? Or just a "beer bar"?

Comment

Originally posted by rhd View Post
                  Surly? The bike company? They also have a brewery? Or just a "beer bar"?
                  http://surlybrewing.com/
                  "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
                  - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
                  - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

My current favorite is Castle Danger, in Two Harbors MN. Outstanding, and available in most good liquor stores in the Cities.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

How's Uber in the area? Was thinking of using the light rail to go into downtown & ride share to go other places. Rental cars are cheap, but a brewery tour isn't as much fun is someone has to drive

Comment

How's Uber in the area? Was thinking of using the light rail to go into downtown & ride share to go other places. Rental cars are cheap, but a brewery tour isn't as much fun is someone has to drive
                        Uber's good here...especially in the areas that you're likely to go into. Light rail is great from the MOA, takes you right into either downtown.

Timberwolves play Portland on the 5th at 7 pm, if you'd be into that. Fun team to watch now with Towns, Rubio, and LaVine. The Wild are in town that night as well...but not as much fun, IMO.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
                        X