Calling all Dems...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calling all Dems...

If you had to pick the best Republican candidate to be the next President of the United States who would it be? By best I do not mean for the party but for the country.

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
    If you had to pick the best Republican candidate to be the next President of the United States who would it be? By best I do not mean for the party but for the country.
    From the ones running?
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

John Kasich by a long stretch
      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

A house in Canada for me please.
        I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Sorry - I cant do it. I find everyone of them to have such major detrimental flaws that would damage the entire country.

Comment

Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
            Sorry - I cant do it. I find everyone of them to have such major detrimental flaws that would damage the entire country.
            Maybe we can be neighbors in Canada.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Those folks are called RINO's and chased off for being impure. No John Huntsman this time around.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                From the ones running?
                That was my intent, but I would also be interested in those that are not running.

Comment

Yeah, Huntsman was my guy last time. I think this time around it would be Kasich or maybe Pataki. Though man did I hate Pataki as governor of NY.

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                    Maybe we can be neighbors in Canada.
                    Of course you can, everyone in Canada is everyone else's neighbour!!!

don't forget the "u"!!!
                    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                      So I looked it up and there are a couple Republican candidates (at least I think they're still candidates --- it's hard to tell these days) whose economic plans aren't abjectly stupid handouts to the wealthiest. The problem is that most of them have extremely vague economic plans and all they've rolled out is their intention to cut taxes for the wealthy while "trimming the fat" or some other equally vague nonsense. Jim Gilmore and Lincoln Chafee appear, at least at a glance, to have an economic plan that rises above the admittedly low bar set by their Republican colleagues.

Several of the big players on the Republican side are actively campaigning under the guise of eliminating regulations for big banks. What. The. Fuck. How could anyone vote for someone like that? Looking at you, Rubio, you schmuck.
                      You realize Chafee switched parties?
                      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                      - Terence McKenna

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                        Of course you can, everyone in Canada is everyone else's neighbour!!!

don't forget the "u"!!!
                        Sorry!

[I gotta practice saying sorry, eh?]

[[and eh]]

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Timely.

Four years ago this month, I took a look at the field of Republican candidates for the office of President of the United States and ranked them, from the one I would be least likely to vote for to …
                          - Terence McKenna

Comment

Thanks...I wouldn't vote for any of the GOP field and honestly, i can't think of any current Republican I'd vote for. Maybe....well no I can't think of one I'd pick. Another vote for Canada because you know...2015
                            If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                            Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Huntsman was the name that first came to my mind.
                              I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Working...
                              X