Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Deep State

Must-read.

In a must-read essay, former GOP congressional analyst Mike Lofgren analyzes America's "Deep State," in which elected and unelected figures collude to serve powerful vested interests.

There is the visible government situated around the Mall in Washington, and then there is another, more shadowy, more indefinable government that is not explained in Civics 101 or observable to tourists at the White House or the Capitol.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Meh. Conspiracy theory by another name.

The word Bureaucracy means rule by desks. Everyone that pays attention knows that a bureaucracy is self-protecting and self-perpetuating.

J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
      Meh. Conspiracy theory by another name.

The word Bureaucracy means rule by desks. Everyone that pays attention knows that a bureaucracy is self-protecting and self-perpetuating.

J
      I can't understand the whole HODOR craze when you speak such wisdom
      ---------------------------------------------
      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
      ---------------------------------------------
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I liked the article, I wouldn't be surprised if something like this were true, but we'll never know.
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
          I can't understand the whole HODOR craze when you speak such wisdom
          I agree that it's funny as it gets.

The Chinese bureaucracy unified the sub-continent for two millenia. Compare China to Europe in the same time-frame. Cultural, language and physical divisions are comparable. Chine remained fuundamentally unified, but Europe rarely approached unity. The two common threads were a common written language and the bureaucracy.

J
          Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Working...
          X