Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jealous Guy:

I much prefer the Roxy Music version.
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Paul's version of Mother Nature's Son is lovely.

Unfortunately, when growing up I was subjected to the John Denver version. Yecch.
      Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
      We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• Somehow, my post didn't post when I made the pick. What I tried to say was that I sang "Mother Nature's Son" to Robert when he was a baby.

We talked the other day at lunch, and he mentioned that his department head had asked how he had developed his "musicality". Robert had told him that he had been exposed to Beatles songs since the day he was born.

Comment

• Aww, man, I love "Let It Down". It is great on the boot "Beware of Abkco", too.

I've got about ten songs I'd like to have for my final selection. Why don't you guys pick most of them, make life easier?

Comment

• I'm going to be unavailable until late tonight, so skip me if my next turn comes up before then.
            Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
            We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• 'Fixing a Hole' is great. So many classics are going to be left in the table.
              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• I love "Photograph." It was a #1 song and is a signature play with his All-Starr Band, so I'd be surprised if anyone here didn't know it.

Comment

• Senor Sheep.. I already picked "Good Morning, Good Morning".
                  "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                    Senor Sheep.. I already picked "Good Morning, Good Morning".
                    Really? Inconceivable!
                    "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
                    "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
                    "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

• Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
                      Really? Inconceivable!
                      I love that song!!

Comment

• Ringo's drumming

https://www.facebook.com/RHCPChad/vi...9/?pnref=story

Comment

• I picked my last song. If anyone is still interested.

Comment

• If I'm up or if I've been skipped ... I'll make up when I get home this evening.

Comment

• Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
                              Attention Clapton bashers: Please include the requisite asterisk at the end of every Eric Clapton trashing. Examples:

I am just not a fan of Clapton in any way.*

Ever listen to more than 3 of Clapton's solo efforts in a row? Were you awake after the 3 songs?*

Great guitar player. A lot of his stuff is boring as shit.*

I hate that laughably overrated 80's Michelob commercial sell-out, and in a perfect world, his entire sh!tty recording catalog would be sealed in a trunk and plunged to the deepest depths of the ocean. With him in it.*

* Except for Derek And The Dominos' Layla And Other Assorted Love Songs.
                              Coming back after an absence, and yes, you're correct. Everything from the Yardbirds to John Mayall to Derek & the Dominos is excepted here for various reasons. I'm mostly talking about Slowhand's solo career, where he seems most intent on boring people to death.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lucky View Post

Having said that, a) Clapton was an amazing guitarist from 1964 to 1973, the equal of anyone alive; he was a below average vocalist, and couldn't compose for shit; this is coming from probably the biggest Clapton fan on the board; his debut solo album was good; 461 was good; everything since has been awful; one excellent thing I can say about his various bands before 1974 is that every night was completely different...listen to Cream tapes from 1967, and one night will sound like a totally different band from the next, but every one amazing.
                                Yes, for sure re his playing, and yes re the bands he was in then too (including Cream). But his solo stuff is really meh. A few decent songs, a lot of rubbish.

Comment

Working...
                                X