Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
    Bernie is really killing it
    His conversational style really works well in this format.

J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
      Bernie is really killing it
      His conversational style really works well in this format.

Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
      Sorry. Jim Webb you are irrelevant
      Spidey still needs his web

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
      Looking at results over the last 20 years I'm not sure anyone in the United States is good on foreign policy. I think it will take a pretty strong president to challenge the military who seem to control our policy
      The last good foreign policy Presidents are Nixon and Reagan, maybe GHW Bush. It's tough.

J
      Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

I'm just starting to watch the debate, so forgive the delayed comments.

First thought: WTF is Clinton wearing? She looks like she should be in a Chinese martial arts film.
        Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

the Snowden question was interesting
          ---------------------------------------------
          Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I think that Joe Biden sees this debate and decides to run...3 total losers and no clear winner between the big two. IMO, Clinton wins on experience and stage presence, and Sanders wins on emotion and passion.
            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
            -Warren Ellis

Comment

was the anti-Walmart commercial national ? that was interesting
              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                I think that Joe Biden sees this debate and decides to run...3 total losers and no clear winner between the big two. IMO, Clinton wins on experience and stage presence, and Sanders wins on emotion and passion.
                Haven't finished it yet, but if the 3 also rans look like total losers to you, WTF can you say about ANY of the GOP candidates?

I don't agree with O'Malley, Webb or the other guy but they are respectful, well spoken and based in reality which pretty much eliminated almost all the GOP field.

Clinton is the most polished, but her record and attacks on the GOP are going to eventually alienate her from what's happening in the Democratic party.

Sanders is the only genuine candidate who will effect change or die trying.

WE have a choice, our beliefs or the fear of a possible GOP POTUS.

I won't allow my choice to be one dictated by fear.
                If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

My second-hand call from Twitter and analysis claims that Webb and Chafee were buried and a tombstone put up, whether they know it or not.

I saw O'Malley on MSNBC after, and he wasn't terrible. sounds like Hillary and Bernie had their moments, too, and if Bernie works too hard on "forget us, let's just follow Denmark" plan, he's doomed.

cherry-pick the best ideas/results worldwide is a political winner.
                  let's learn how it works from a country with a $500 military and a cell phone number to Washington, DC if Scandinavia gets dicey, and...
                  finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                  own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                  won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                  RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                  C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                  1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                  OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                    My second-hand call from Twitter and analysis claims that Webb and Chafee were buried and a tombstone put up, whether they know it or not.

I saw O'Malley on MSNBC after, and he wasn't terrible. sounds like Hillary and Bernie had their moments, too, and if Bernie works too hard on "forget us, let's just follow Denmark" plan, he's doomed.

let's learn how it works from a country with a $500 military and a cell phone number to Washington, DC if Scandinavia gets dicey, and...
                    I'm not sure I understand what you are saying here...
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post

You're not making any sense. Go to bed.
                      Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                      We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
                        You're not making any sense. Go to bed.
                        thought it was just me !
                        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Bernie wasn't all--We should be like Denmark--He was all like--stop allowing the few to dictate life for the many. Get Money out of the equation--Period.

Hillary was like--First Woman President--her only real selling point.

Oh Malley was 2050...........

Webb was cool, but the other guy--creepy comic book store owner vibe.
                          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Good read on last night from one of my favorite writers - http://www.theguardian.com/commentis...ocratic-debate

Comment

I thought Sanders won the debate, but Hillary didn't do anything to hurt herself at all. She more or less promised something for everyone and that the rich would pay for it all. Very generic and very smart. It still seems inevitable that she'll be the nominee given her large war chest of cash and endorsements. She's very good in that format and outside of O'Malley drawing some blood on the Wall St/Glass Steagall issue, she was left unscathed. I thought Sanders let her off the hook too easy on her Iraq vote. You can tell she thinks she's in because she spent the more time hammering the GOP than the other 4--she is already looking ahead.
                              I really like Sanders the more I hear from him. I have serious doubts about the fiscal viability of some of his plans, but there is ZERO doubt about his authenticity. I respect and admire that.
                              O'Malley had a good night. Lot of folks think he's angling to be the VP, but I wonder if that Wall St exchange with Hillary is going to play well with her.
                              I don't like the whole 'clown car' metaphor, but let's just say Webb and Chafee were woefully under prepared and over matched. I'm hoping they are not invited to the next debate, because they didn't bring anything to the table.

Comment

Granted, I haven't really been paying attention to the Democratic race, but before last night I didn't even know Webb and Chafee were candidates. They are a bit like Gilmore on the Republican side, for me. The forgotten.
                                Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Working...
                                X