'16 Democratic Nomination Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
    Griff, you aren't coming even close to understanding. But you did certainly add the element of misogyny by the big tits comment, so, uh, way to go I guess. You're kind of embarrassing yourself here.
    Ok..... I guess I will let this lay................. or is it lie.......
    It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
    Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

• did someone say big tits?
      "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by Lucky View Post
        BG, I don't think you read your own definition. Nothing in my post indicates that I dislike, despise or am strongly prejudiced against Kate Upton. To the contrary, I like her very much.

Since Trumpers don't seem to think with their brains, I googled "20 conservative women". There were some interesting ones...Palin, Bachman, Malkin, some I never heard of, and then Hasselbeck and Upton, both well known and both really cute. Perfect balance for a Clinton ticket. You might say that is sexist, but certainly not misogynist.

Your comment, however, was straight up misogynist.

Consistency is indeed a marvelous thing, and a four syllable word, just like misogynist. Look 'em up before using them.
        Maybe I'm missing something, but are we to conclude from one person's statements about Hillary Clinton that they are "a person who dislikes, despises, or is strongly prejudiced against women" ?? Is it not possible that they just don't like Hillary Clinton and choose to make disparaging comments about her ?
        ---------------------------------------------
        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
        ---------------------------------------------
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Of course it's possible. It's also a strawman argument, since no one asserted that generally stated disparaging comments about Hillary Clinton are misogynistic. Unsurprisingly, some disparaging comments are misogynistic and others are not.
          I have specifically been called misogynistic - specifically related to one comment related specifically about HRC.....

I dont believe I have made any other "woman hating" or demeaning statement related to other women. There is no evidence that I hate women. There is evidence that I dont like HRC's politics.
          It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

• Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
            I have specifically been called misogynistic - specifically related to one comment related specifically about HRC.....

I dont believe I have made any other "woman hating" or demeaning statement related to other women. There is no evidence that I hate women. There is evidence that I dont like HRC's politics.
            Yeah, I'd say your original criticism of Hillary (about not taking off her clothes) was crass, shallow, sexist and overall disgusting, but probably not misogynistic, so that is a point for you. But it was way closer to misogynistic that my suggestion of adding the politically conservative Hasselbeck or Upton to the Clinton ticket. (And you kept pointing out her large chest.)

So, point to baldgriff.

Comment

I agree with Hornsby that you have made misogynistic comments about Hillary Clinton. Not all of your comments have been misogynistic, thankfully. I still am pretty sure that you don't understand what the word misogynistic even means.
              Here is the definition just to level set.

mi·sog·y·nist
              məˈsäjənəst/
              noun
              a person who dislikes, despises, or is strongly prejudiced against women.
              synonyms: woman-hater; More
              adjective
              relating to or characteristic of a misogynist.
              "a misogynist attitude"

Please explain how my one joking comment about HRC now makes me a misogynist or indicates a misogynist attitude. It was an offhand comment specifically designed to explain that I dont care what she wears. So please enlighten me on how my opinion of HRC translates to all women and my inability to accept them as an equal.........

Comment

• Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
                Here is the definition just to level set.

mi·sog·y·nist
                məˈsäjənəst/
                noun
                a person who dislikes, despises, or is strongly prejudiced against women.
                synonyms: woman-hater; More
                adjective
                relating to or characteristic of a misogynist.
                "a misogynist attitude"

Please explain how my one joking comment about HRC now makes me a misogynist or indicates a misogynist attitude. It was an offhand comment specifically designed to explain that I dont care what she wears. So please enlighten me on how my opinion of HRC translates to all women and my inability to accept them as an equal.........
                It's pretty simple in my mind...you referred to her clothing, you referred to her looks, and you referred to her voice, all in a disparaging manner. I don't recall you mocking any of the same things on the male candidates, therefore your comments to me were misogynistic. Things are equal, or their not...I don't recall you mocking Trumps hair or hats, Bernie's rumpled looks or Brooklyn accent...

If you don't like the person, or their politics, there are plenty of ways to make that clear by discussing, say, their personality, or their politics. I don't like the way she treats people, I think that she's mean and petty, are just a couple of simple examples of ways to disparage a person without making it sexist. She's a neocon, she's a warhawk, are examples of dislike with her politics that may be disparaging without reference to her gender, clothing choices, looks, or voice. Many people on this board have done just that...

I'm not saying that you're a bad person, just that this particular jab reflected badly on you. And the only reason I finally responded to it was that you did it repeatedly.
                "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Anyone want to play

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graph...er/democratic/

I go Sherrod Brown

Comment

• I'll go Tim Kaine, although my dream pick would be Elizabeth Warren.

Comment

I'll go Tim Kaine, although my dream pick would be Elizabeth Warren.
                      I think you'll get your wish. I don't know how Hillary makes peace with the far left other than by putting Waaren on the ticket.
                      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                        I think you'll get your wish. I don't know how Hillary makes peace with the far left other than by putting Waaren on the ticket.
                        She has Warren's endorsement, and Warren is stumping hard for Hillary. She could be more valuable to Hillary in that role. HRC has a strong line of surrogates, with Warren, Obama, Biden and Bill. If Bernie would get on board, it would be the best I have seen. Imagine Bill Clinton being your #5 surrogate.

Comment

She has Warren's endorsement, and Warren is stumping hard for Hillary. She could be more valuable to Hillary in that role. HRC has a strong line of surrogates, with Warren, Obama, Biden and Bill. If Bernie would get on board, it would be the best I have seen. Imagine Bill Clinton being your #5 surrogate.
                          You could be right. I'm very sceptical Bernie will get on board. I'll stick with my Warren bet. I hope I'm wrong as I think that'll place Hillary in a very strong position.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                            You could be right. I'm very sceptical Bernie will get on board. I'll stick with my Warren bet. I hope I'm wrong as I think that'll place Hillary in a very strong position.
                            No judgment here, but are you really hoping Trump will be President, or just hoping it will not be HRC?

Comment

No judgment here, but are you really hoping Trump will be President, or just hoping it will not be HRC?
                              The latter. If she'd dance with me, I might change my mind.

Comment

• My guess is Cory Booker, but that may be too NE-centric.

How sad is it that one of Trump's Veep contenders, according to this article, is his own daughter?

Comment

Working...
                                X