'16 Democratic Nomination Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
    See, here's the thing, I never mind when people evolve to a better position on something. Some people call it-flip-flopping, and I think that's totally wrong...hell, if I stayed with every position I once had on thousands of issues I'd be a pretty poor excuse for a human being. That's one of the big issues with the new GOP, they demand litmus tests, and they don't EVER want their candidates to change their minds. Hell, Paul Ryan is now considered a moderate, damn near a liberal amongst the Tea partiers...perhaps he's just evolving over time, with experience.
    I guess this is where the honest and trustworthiness consideration comes in to play. Has she really evolved or is she just posturing ?
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

So far only Bernie and Hillary look like they can communicate their ideas clearly.
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Hillary looks solid so far, dare I say presidential. But Bernie is practically burning down the house. I can see why he draws such large crowds.
        “Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.”
        -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Bernie is really killing it

Comment

Sorry. Jim Webb you are irrelevant

Comment

well Bernie isnt nearly as good on foreign policy

Comment

Not really impressed with the foreign policy discussion going on now...like what Webb is saying about Libya though
                The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                  Yeah, I think he is a one-trick pony. Although admittedly, it's a damn good trick.
                  “Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.”
                  -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

In any case, and at least so far, it's good to see them disagree without being disagreeable. Kind of like watching five adults instead of thirteen children.
                    -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Climate change is not the greatest national threat...not in this century anyway.
                      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                      -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                        Climate change is not the greatest national threat...not in this century anyway.
                        I was about to write the same exact thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                          Looking at results over the last 20 years I'm not sure anyone in the United States is good on foreign policy. I think it will take a pretty strong president to challenge the military who seem to control our policy
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Bill and Hillary worked so hard no wonder they are gazillionaires....
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Hillary told the banks to cut it out... who knew.
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Omalley hasnt faced the camera once all night, he is currently staring down clinton lol

Comment

Working...
                                X