'16 Democratic Nomination Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
    You guys are really going to freak out when you learn about this electoral college thing.
    OH, I am very well acquainted with said "college". The system that realistically makes it only necessary to carry the vote in a total of 12 states to win the election..... cuz you know "fly-over" country doesnt really count.

Just need to win the following (hypothetically):

Washington
    California
    Texas (I know not a Dem state)
    Florida
    Georgia
    Illinois (technically Chicago)
    Michigan
    N. Carolina
    New York
    New Jersey
    Pennsylvania
    Maryland

Create your own forecast for the 2024 presidential election
    Last edited by baldgriff; 02-11-2016, 02:53 PM.
    It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
    Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

• Have you guys seen the #ImnotkiddingMaddi memes? Hilarious.
      "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Superdelegates = gerrymandering
        "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
        - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
        - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
          Have you guys seen the #ImnotkiddingMaddi memes? Hilarious.
          The dollar menu at McDs was pretty funny
          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Lol....wut?

What the hell is going on in this thread? I can't tell if people are joking or not anymore.
            When a party purposely creates a construct that favors their "brand" they are controlling the democratic process and not letting the organic election process take place. The Republicans have done it with gerrymandering. The Democrats look to be doing this with superdelegates. It's King-making at its best.

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.

Comment

• Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
              Heady Topper!! (though I like Lunch by Maine Beer Co. better).
              Agreed. Let's hang out and drink beer and talk roto and listen to the Descendents. I have both of those beers in my fridge in the basement.
              Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                Why? The Democrats are rolling out the red carpet for them.

It's funny, because so much of southern New Hampshire is bedroom communities for Boston. You would expect it to be the more left wing state.

J

Yeah, J you are right.
                Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

I assume you can see the enormous difference between the two, though, right? Frankly I don't think they're all that similar in any real way (other than the fact that I strongly oppose both).

Edit: I take that back. I can see how one views them as similar, even if I don't share that opinion. It does sound like we all share the same opinions about things like gerrymandering and the crazy-ass delegate primary process and I think that's pretty cool.
                  I know deep down we would get along. I would love to have a beer with you. We would probably find a lot of common ground and places where the other person's opinions would cause us to tear our hair out.

Comment

I agree. You seem like a nice guy and that's certain to balance out my asshole-ish nature well.

Nah, I'm an okay dude in person. I'm just more argumentative online that I probably should be.
                    So if you and I indeed do have a beer this April will both our assholishness cause the town to implode?
                    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by DJBeasties View Post
                      Agreed. Let's hang out and drink beer and talk roto and listen to the Descendents. I have both of those beers in my fridge in the basement.
                      I feel like there is a joke to be made about someone from the internet inviting someone to their basement. No, that's not sketchy at all. Haha. But seriously, I might have an opening in my AL only keeper league if you are interested. I the same league with bigjonempire who might have asked you are joining at point.
                      I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                        So if Sanders wins or ties every primary the DNC can still give the nomination to Clinton?

If they do that, Sanders should run as an Independent split the tickect and FUCK the DNC.

THIS is exactly why I will NEVER vote for Clinton and would encourage everyone I know to vote against her in the general because if this DID happen, the Democrats wouldn't deserve the White House.
                        Possible, but inconceivable. Clinton would have to be with one or two delegates in EVERY state.
                        Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• Originally posted by In the Corn View Post
                          When a party purposely creates a construct that favors their "brand" they are controlling the democratic process and not letting the organic election process take place. The Republicans have done it with gerrymandering. The Democrats look to be doing this with superdelegates. It's King-making at its best.
                          Gerrymandering is not strictly a Republican construct. Both parties feast on that special move.
                          Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pogues View Post
                            Gerrymandering is not strictly a Republican construct. Both parties feast on that special move.
                            Oh, I realize that...all who has control of Congress. Republicans are just the latest to take advantage.

Comment

• I posted this in a thread a long while back (sheep started it, so it's that far back...) about Gerrymandering. I'm against creating arbitrary districts just to favor one party but...
                              I'm curious how the mandate to make competitive districts would work. In some cases, like urban areas,it makes complete sense for there to be a strong blocs of like minded individuals with the same needs. How do you break that up into smaller groups and pull in suburbs into each to make them all competitive? Doesn't that dilute the voice of people? I'm very against gerrymandering, but a mandate to make competitive districts seems like it could at times require even odder districts.
                              How should this work?
                              I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                                I posted this in a thread a long while back (sheep started it, so it's that far back...) about Gerrymandering. I'm against creating arbitrary districts just to favor one party but...

How should this work?
                                I think competitive districts is also something that shouldn't happen. Trying to do that makes almost as little sense as gerrymandering.

Comment

Working...
                                X