Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Since I've joined RJ YEARS ago, I've shared most of my life here...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My deepest sympathies, Steve... I am so very sorry for your loss.
    I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
    You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
    "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
    It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

I'm so sorry to hear this heartbreaking news Steve. My deepest sympathy to you and your family.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Prayers and condolences to you Steve and your family.

A staggering loss for sure.

Damn
        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Damn Steve I am so sorry to hear this. First off it is okay to cry over this. Let it out and don't keep it in. I went through this just last year in August when my oldest daughter passed away (19 years old). I still find myself crying from time to time. My wife is still a mess because of it and cries more than me. For me I cried so much it hurt to cry anymore.

Take your time first off. Don't rush into any decisions and just take it day by day for a good while. Then when your up to it do find some grief counseling if you feel you need it. It has helped me as I definitely had an issue with the doctor that took care of my daughter.

For now we will be lifting you up in prayers. Believe me I think we as a community are hurting with you today. JJ said it well. We all enjoy your lighthearted posts here.
          Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

I'm so sorry for your loss and deeply awed by your sharing and transparency in the face of such a terrible situation. All the best.

Comment

So very sorry for your loss, Steve. Focus on the good time, there had to be tons of them over the past 30 years. She must have been a saint of woman to put up with you for that long.

Thoughts and prayers from Wisconsin.
              14 Team 1/2PPR league (1 Keeper)

QB: Rivers (3), Stafford (5), Keenum (NA)
              RB: Kamara (11), McKinnon (7), Bernard (7)
              WR: M. Thomas (NA), Crabtree (1), Shepard (8), Wallace (NA), Cobb (NA)
              TE: Olsen (NA)
              K: Lutz (7)
              DEF: JAX (7)

(We start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 TE, 1 K and 1 DEF)

Comment

Wow, this just stunned me. I am so sorry for your loss. There is just nothing we can say to help, other than offer our support. About all I can say is that if you had been given the choice of having her for 30 years but feeling this pain now, or never having her in your life with no pain, there is no doubt you which choice you would have made. 30 years isn't enough, but at least it was 30 years with a wonderful gift in your life.
                “Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.”
                -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

wow Steve, my heart goes out to you. Revel in the "bonus time" you two shared and don't be ashamed or afraid to grieve. We are here for you
                  "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

I am so sorry to hear this, steve. I'm not a "prayers" guy, so I have nothing to offer on that front, but please know that I am pulling for you to find your way through. You will always have friends who care here, I hope that is some small comfort. Take care, brother.
                    "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
                    "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
                    "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

I'm so sorry for your loss, Steve. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                        She was a wonderful woman. One day a few months ago she asked me if I had any regrets in life. I told her not really, because all of the choices I had made had led me to this point. I did say I wish I had been a more patient father when the kids were little and that I had been nicer to her mother when she was living with us.

(someday I'll tell all about the things we went through in the first 5 years or so of our marriage(none of it our fault - our families) that makes 30 so incredible)

She told me that she wished she had saved more money, but then again she had had a good time!
                        I think we would all love to hear any stories you would want to share.
                        I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                          I think we would all love to hear any stories you would want to share.
                          definitely. a fun story with her would be great to hear.

Comment

So sorry for your loss Steve.

Comment

As I lurk from time to time, I was sorry to see this Steve. I'll be praying for you during this difficult time.
                              拖裤子,
                              放屁

Literally means "pulling your pants down to fart" which is a Chinese idiom for "wasted effort." Makes sense to me!

Comment

I'm terribly sorry for your loss. Despite the fact that I haven't spent much time here in the last couple of years, I definitely think of you as part of Rotojunkie's foundation and a very kind soul. I'm so sorry. Take care of yourself.

Comment

Working...
                                X