omw to work last night a porsche passes me and then crashes heh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• omw to work last night a porsche passes me and then crashes heh

I guess I should've stopped to see if he was alright. I didn't have time...ok I looked it up my guess is he's ok. https://twitter.com/massstatepolice
    No Parking!

Tpr Sullivan just assisted @HopkintonPolice w/this Porsche that crashed on W Main St at I-495.

everyone passes me in that one spot, 100% of the time. my cars are all slow or old or old and slow. not that slow, I just think everyone has gone maniac these days. it doesn't really bother me tho. ..so as we all start to take a right on the green light I hear a car open up. it was slow at first too. then whoosh. just before dark didn't have his lights on yet. goes into the right (my lane) ahead. turns his blinker on a little late. then turns his left blinker on by accident and swerves left. I get up 100 yards and see the on ramp highway sign wavering, like wtf? and then notice the car in the trees. I went beep, beep...beep beep beep as I passed by and got on the highway.

I don't know maybe I shouldn't have thought it was as funny at the time. and then you feel kind of silly being like, I just saw what you did are you ok? for example, if I fell off a ladder but didn't really hurt myself, the last thing I would want is for ppl to come running up to me.

what do you guys think? if you see someone do something stupid, do you go running up to them and say I saw that and embarrass them more?

I think those trees were designed that way on purpose. like dogwoods, not enough to kill someone instantly but enough to slow you down quick enough. it's the same design on all the off/on ramps. pretty smart.

Comment

I think there's a couple lessons to learn here.

1) if someone might have hurt themselves, you should always stop if you can.

2) if you're gonna open up a Porsche and you're in the clear, don't worry about your blinkers. and if your going right and it doesn't turn off, stay calm and carry on.

3) even the cheapest Porsches turn on a dime. so even if you overcompensate a little, you're kind of screwed.

4) if someone crashes their car, even if you're pretty sure they are ok, don't drive by and beep like the road runner.

Comment

Years ago i was driving home from work late one summer night in clear weather with little traffic on the interstate and saw a Mazda or Nissan sportscar about a half mile ahead of me spin out, strike the concrete barrier in the middle of the four lanes, and then slowly drift backwards into the other lane before coming to a stop. I slowed down and pulled up along side the heavily damaged and smoking vehicle expecting to see either an injured or dead person in the car. To my surprise the drivers door was open and nobody was in the car. So i'm guessing either the car was stolen and/or the driver was under the influence and didn't want to be there when the cops arrived. I didn't want to be there when the cops arrived either because i didn't have any valuable information to give and i also didn't feel like wasting an hour of my time so i continued along my way. But, it was a very strange thing to see.
        Last edited by madducks; 09-02-2015, 05:31 PM.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
          Years ago i was driving home from work late one summer night in clear weather with little traffic on the interstate and saw a Mazda or Nissan sportscar about a half mile ahead of me spin out, strike the concrete barrier in the middle of the four lanes, and then slowly drift backwards into the other lane before coming to a stop. I slowed down and pulled up along side the heavily damaged and smoking vehicle expecting to see either an injured or dead person in the car. To my surprise the drivers door was open and nobody was in the car. So i'm guessing either the car was stolen and/or the driver was under the influence and didn't want to be there when the cops arrived. I didn't want to be there when the cops arrived either because i didn't have any valuable information to give and i also didn't feel like wasting an hour of my time so i continued along my way. But, it was a very strange thing to see.
          I had to pee really really bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
            I had to pee really really bad.
            On someone else's leg?

Comment

Last week I was coming back from a late night job and this car just came flying down the slow lane of a 4-lane freeway before getting in the exit lane. This guy must've been going 110 MPH and this exit lane had a sign saying to slow to 35 MPH. I just shook my head and thought "this guy's going to flip his car" and a couple seconds later I heard a loud screech and saw the guy at the top of the little hill on the off ramp but seemingly in tact. At that hour of the night you'd have to think he was either drunk or high.

Comment

if you didn't have time to stop and see if he was ok, shouldn't you have at least called the police?
                ~ all in all is all we are ~

kc

Comment

Working...
                X