Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2015 Bowling Thread ---- its a new season!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still a very good night. Missing the 10 pin spares is tough. That said your average is now almost 215 which is very solid!
    It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
    Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

• Even 600 last night, no great game as I went 189-212-199. I think my first 600 this year. Had the 3-6-10 twice in first eleven frames and chopped it both times. Had it three more times later in the night and used my strike ball instead of my spare ball and covered it each time. Looks like that is one problem solved. Went against a guy with 223 average and tried to hang with him but in the end I needed the handicap to beat him as he wound up about 660.

Comment

• Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
        Still a very good night. Missing the 10 pin spares is tough. That said your average is now almost 215 which is very solid!
        Thanks!

I have 6 weeks left and if I bowl every week :

final average of 218 I will need to average 229 the rest of the way
        final average of 217 I will need to average 225 the rest of the way
        final average of 216 I will need to average 220 the rest of the way
        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by dslaw View Post
          Even 600 last night, no great game as I went 189-212-199. I think my first 600 this year. Had the 3-6-10 twice in first eleven frames and chopped it both times. Had it three more times later in the night and used my strike ball instead of my spare ball and covered it each time. Looks like that is one problem solved. Went against a guy with 223 average and tried to hang with him but in the end I needed the handicap to beat him as he wound up about 660.
          Nice bowling!

And it is always sweet to figure something out that improves your scores.
          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
            Thanks!

I have 6 weeks left and if I bowl every week :

final average of 218 I will need to average 229 the rest of the way
            final average of 217 I will need to average 225 the rest of the way
            final average of 216 I will need to average 220 the rest of the way
            We use leaguesecretary.com to keep our stats. Im at 206 currently. If I bowl a 622 this week I go up a pin. The scoring recap tells us what we need in order to go up or down a pin. I must have a bunch of carry over as I basically have to cover avg to go up one pin. My intent is to try to get to 610 by the end. Need to have some more good nights.
            It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

• Originally posted by dslaw View Post
              Even 600 last night, no great game as I went 189-212-199. I think my first 600 this year. Had the 3-6-10 twice in first eleven frames and chopped it both times. Had it three more times later in the night and used my strike ball instead of my spare ball and covered it each time. Looks like that is one problem solved. Went against a guy with 223 average and tried to hang with him but in the end I needed the handicap to beat him as he wound up about 660.
              I also shoot that spare with my strike ball - I just move left about 10 boards and pitch it wide.

Comment

• I have never contemplated getting a ball for spares. Do you guys just throw the same release with a ball that hooks less?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                  I have never contemplated getting a ball for spares. Do you guys just throw the same release with a ball that hooks less?
                  The only spare I always throw a "spare ball" at is the 10 pin. I have an old urethane ball that just wont break that much. My release is pretty much the same, maybe a touch less hand. I have a couple guys on my team that use a plastic ball for the 10 pin. I also use my spare ball for the 6/10, but I rarely leave that.

Most of the other spares, I just make adjustments with my feet and mark to pick it up.

Comment

• I use my spare ball for the 6 pin or 10 pin (not the 3 pin anymore). It is a ball I got about 25 years ago that doesn't hook a lot and I don't move my wrist on my release as much as I do when throwing my first ball.

Comment

• And we will see how today goes.

My team is 50 points back for the yearly stats to get us into the rolloffs. Its a big task but we have made up 30+ in 3 weeks.

Comment

• Yeah lets say last night was a total waste.......

Comment

• 234-183-208 = 625

Funky night. Ball was hooking quite a bit first game and then I guess oil got pushed down because in the 2nd game anything around the 2nd arrow did not get to the pocket. In the 3rd game even a ball thrown outside 2nd arrow was not getting fully back to the pocket. I just didn't adjust enough.

I missed a 7-pin in the 2nd game, left a stone 9-pin (made it) and left a pocket 7-10 which is why the 183 game.

Average still at 214.

Comment

• You covered your 6 - at least. Last week I did not....

Comment

• 578 last night, 200-189-189. Same as Mith as I started out to the left and had to move right later in the night as the ball stopped breaking as much. Pretty unusual as I usually have to move left as it gets later. Had 2 big splits and missed one easy spare but couldn't string together enough strikes to get a good game. My release point was all over the place which is aggravating. Bad first ball to leave a 5 or a 1-3 and then a perfect strike ball to pick up the spare.

Comment

• So I was 8 for 9 on 10 pins and 1 for 3 on 7's. However, I also through 2 300 NO-Tap games. Only had 2 multiple pin spares to shoot in game 3. Im pretty happy with the overall series, but man if I could have carried a little more, I would have had a monster last night.

216-243-198 for a 657.

Comment

Working...
                                X