All Hell Breaks Loose at Oregon Tea Party

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All Hell Breaks Loose at Oregon Tea Party

What the hell is going on? Is this just Oregon? This is what our educational system produces? And it's not even the flag part that irked me. A flag is a piece of fabric. And I don't think this sad observation is only reserved for the fringe of the left. It's turning into idiocracy on both sides. No wonder the elites laugh at us from their ivory towers.
    Last edited by ; 04-18-2011, 09:39 PM.

Originally posted by PaleoMan View Post
    http://www.theblaze.com/stories/cont...a-party-rally/

What the hell is going on? Is this just Oregon? This is what our educational system produces? And it's not even the flag part that irked me. A flag is a piece of fabric. And I don't think this sad observation is only reserved for the fringe of the left. It's turning into idiocracy on both sides. No wonder the elites laugh at us from their ivory towers.
    I hope you will accept this as a serious question and give me a serious answer. I agree with a number of things you have said. The last sentence of this post puzzles me, though.

My question is: Who are the elites? What or where are the ivory towers?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky View Post
      I hope you will accept this as a serious question and give me a serious answer. I agree with a number of things you have said. The last sentence of this post puzzles me, though.

My question is: Who are the elites? What or where are the ivory towers?

Thanks.
      The 0.10 percent. The political & financial superclass at the apex of our societies. The ones above the fray. Those who live in the gated communities and far-removed estates with limitless tracts of land, who are immune to the disastrous policies they push forth through their preferred government servants. Pitting the so-called "haves" versus the have-nots in an extortion game which only benefits them in the end. The guy who barely clears 200 grand annually with his ice cream shop is suddenly the enemy? The welfare mom with three kids is now my enemy because the government turned her into an entitlement zombie? I'm somehow supposed to hate her. No, I hate the people that did this to her.
      Last edited by ; 04-18-2011, 10:42 PM.

Comment

So, essentially those who wield power and influence through their massive wealth. Thanks for answering the question.

How about guys like Darrell Issa, a Congressman worth over $250 million? He sort of cuts out the middleman, doesn't he?

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
          Welfare moms with three kids are entitlement zombies?
          I thought he meant that the people who want us to hate them portray them as entitlement zombies. I know that people often talk about how certain entitlement programs tend to rob people of their self esteem and wind up subjugating them.

But I should probably let the man speak for himself.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky View Post
            I thought he meant that the people who want us to hate them portray them as entitlement zombies. I know that people often talk about how certain entitlement programs tend to rob people of their self esteem and wind up subjugating them.

But I should probably let the man speak for himself.
            If you examine the coupling of man and woman throughout the ages, the institution of marriage is a compact predicated on mutual survival than actual love. I think in certain demographic groups the government has excessively subsidized a continuation of poor decision making and in essence removed the taboo factor of single parenthood. Now I'm certainly not saying everyone should be married and loaded down with 5 kids. But having a national wedlock rate in the low 40s is incomprehensible in my eyes. There is something incredibly wrong.
            Last edited by ; 04-19-2011, 09:49 AM.

Comment

Disgusting.
              Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

I did not play the video. I did read all of the comments.

The freedom of speech thing is a tough one.

Is the flag just a piece of cloth? Are there lines that should be drawn regarding treatment of the flag? Should we be able to say and do anything without regard to individuals? Should Fred Phelps and his Westboro heathens be allowed to spew their poison?

I think I am smart enough to understand both sides of the argument. I don't have to like it.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                  The freedom of speech thing is a tough one.

Is the flag just a piece of cloth? Are there lines that should be drawn regarding treatment of the flag? Should we be able to say and do anything without regard to individuals? Should Fred Phelps and his Westboro heathens be allowed to spew their poison?

I think I am smart enough to understand both sides of the argument. I don't have to like it.
                  Some things are appropriate for societal condemnation and ostracism rather than legal regulation/criminalization. Distasteful speech/expression almost always falls into that category, in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
                    Some things are appropriate for societal condemnation and ostracism rather than legal regulation/criminalization. Distasteful speech/expression almost always falls into that category, in my opinion.
                    Wise words. I wish I was mature enough to remember them when confronted with yet another example of the rude behavior.

Thanks for your response.

Comment

there are nutbags on both sides, never forget...
                      "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Working...
                      X