No announcement yet.

i just heard Casey Kasem tell a story about human cannibalism on 1971's top 40

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i just heard Casey Kasem tell a story about human cannibalism on 1971's top 40

im like, did i just hear Casey Kasem say the phrase human cannibalism!?

Yep, huge one hit wonder in 1971.

Trapped coal miners, needed some food.

Still a much better song than Shannon.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
      Yep, huge one hit wonder in 1971.

Trapped coal miners, needed some food.

Still a much better song than Shannon.

Shannon was about cannibalism? I thought it was about a lost doggie.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
        Shannon was about cannibalism? I thought it was about a lost doggie.
        True. I was merely pointing out that a one hit wonder about cannilbalism can be a better song than song about a dog too stupid to swim towards land.

Or maybe I just hated the way Henry Gross sang? He should have stayed with Sha Na Na.

I actually ended up seeing him when they sandwiched him in between Jefferson Starship (when they were good) and Rick Derringer. He was just as bad live as on the radio.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
          True. I was merely pointing out that a one hit wonder about cannilbalism can be a better song than song about a dog too stupid to swim towards land.

Or maybe I just hated the way Henry Gross sang? He should have stayed with Sha Na Na.

I actually ended up seeing him when they sandwiched him in between Jefferson Starship (when they were good) and Rick Derringer. He was just as bad live as on the radio.
          I can understand how that song can be grating, but it's one of my guilty pleasures.

Comment

Working...
          X