Game of Thrones - HBO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Igor View Post
    He is a recruiter for the Night's Watch.
    And a friend of Stark's missing brother.
    “Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.”
    -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

• What missing brother ... why can't you people just stop posting stuff that hasn't occurred in the series ... I mean how difficult is it? How about starting another thread and talk amongst yourselves?

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
        What missing brother ... why can't you people just stop posting stuff that hasn't occurred in the series ... I mean how difficult is it? How about starting another thread and talk amongst yourselves?
        that happened. he's the one that the bastard kid wants to go looking for. Part of the Night's Watch.
        I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
          that happened. he's the one that the bastard kid wants to go looking for. Part of the Night's Watch.
          Isn't he the illegitimate son of Eddard?

In any case, I was referring more about the thread as a whole ... some folks need to re-read the etiquette book and stop posting stuff that gives plot and storyline details away. If they have to talk about details that haven't happened yet, they can do it in PM's?

Comment

• I agree with you, its just nobody revealed anything. Its Eddard's brother, who went on patrol past the wall and is now missing, not the bastard son John Snow. Some of the men he went with were the 'zombies' they brought back thinking they were dead.

Have not read the books, but the HBO OnDemand shorts on the houses, etc. are good relationship explainers. The one about the opening sequence was cool.

Comment

• Yeah, we haven't posted any spoilers here. But admitedly there's a large cast of moving characters that are difficult to keep up with. So I can see how you thought it was.

Honestly, I was very careful to say "missing" brother, rather than "Zombie brother who returns and is crowned king of the Seven Kingdoms and marries his niece after he"...dammit! Now where's that darn etiquette book again?!
              “Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.”
              -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

• I've been careful about discussing any spoilers as it pertains to the TV show. Out of respect for everyone we should probably have a two-day window for people to catch up on an episode they may have missed.

Comment

• I get what Johnny is saying. No one is posting straight up spoilers but when you allude to a character or scene being important and you've read the books it can color someone else's expectations of what's to come.

Book nerds, feel free to follow me to the spoiler thread.
                  I'm sorry, man, but I've got magic. I've got poetry in my fingertips. Most of the time--and this includes naps --I'm an F-18, bro. And I will destroy you in the air. I will deploy my ordinance to the ground.

Comment

• Wow, just an amazing finale to an amazing season. This far, far exceeded even my fondest hopes for this show. Not as good as the books, but damn close.
                    -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

• Great wrap up, absolutely left me excited for next season and cursing HBO for making me wait a year for it. May have to download the book to my Kindle. Did this season roughly correspond to the first book?
                      "There is involved in this struggle the question whether your children and my children shall enjoy the privileges we have enjoyed. I say this in order to impress upon you, if you are not already so impressed, that no small matter should divert us from our great purpose. "

Abraham Lincoln, from his Address to the Ohio One Hundred Sixty Fourth Volunteer Infantry

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Kohm View Post
                        Did this season roughly correspond to the first book?
                        Yes, very much so.
                        -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Kohm View Post
                          Great wrap up, absolutely left me excited for next season and cursing HBO for making me wait a year for it. May have to download the book to my Kindle. Did this season roughly correspond to the first book?
                          The first 10 minutes when everyone is finding out that Ned is dead yet no one actually said the words, "Ned is dead" was gripping. I'm annoyed that the rest of the show felt like it was essentially a setup for season two.

Comment

• I will go out and get the first book and give it a read now, though I think I will time it so that I finish close to the second season. The trailer at the end said spring of next year.

Comment

• I have been expecting exactly that ending for a month. All the clues were there. In case anyone could not make it out, the dragon eggs all hatched. Their mother is now the Dragon Queen, with all that implies.

J
                              Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                                I have been expecting exactly that ending for a month. All the clues were there. In case anyone could not make it out, the dragon eggs all hatched. Their mother is now the Dragon Queen, with all that implies.

J
                                [crankyrant]

Yeah ... you already helped us out with that about 2 months ago

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                                I finally saw #1. Sean Bean is perfect as Lord Stark, and my favorite subplt, the dragon eggs, is getting full treatment. Spoiler:She is one of the stongest female characters in 21st century fiction, but she doesnt look it. Watch the dire wolf puppies. They are the time line.

J
                                Thanks for the heads up on the importance of the Dire Wolves as well ... maybe I should just bypass GRR Martin's novels, HBO's $200m production, and my Sky TV subscription and invest everything in your worthless opinion.

[/crankyrant]

Comment

Working...
                                X