Game of Thrones - HBO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting back to GoT ...

Did anyone have some grudging respect for Joffrey when he double crossed the Stark's (and everyone else) and executed Eddard? Looks like he could teach Littlefinger a thing or two in the machiavellian stakes ... absolutely the right thing given his weak position.

"... in the game of thrones you win or you die"

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
      Getting back to GoT ...

Did anyone have some grudging respect for Joffrey when he double crossed the Stark's (and everyone else) and executed Eddard? Looks like he could teach Littlefinger a thing or two in the machiavellian stakes ... absolutely the right thing given his weak position.

"... in the game of thrones you win or you die"
      Not no, hell no. That was just a bully, bullying.

How many times have we heard that Lanisters always pay their debts? Not that time.

J
      Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post

How many times have we heard that Lanisters always pay their debts? Not that time.

J

If Joffrey believes that he the legitimate King and rightful heir of Robert Baratheon (and not the incestuous spawn of siblings), it is treasonous to say that he is illegitimate ... and in these days treason was met with one answer.

"Treason is a noxious weed ... it should be torn out"

If he knows he is not the rightful heir, then he has to act to protect his position. The fact that he went behind his mother and his advisor's backs and acted out this Machiavellian plot to get his greatest enemy to crystallise his position, and then to silence him once and for all, was a master-stroke. It deserves some credit. He 'aint gonna be his mothers puppet

That said ... he won't last long. The storm clouds are brewing all around, and he is surrounded by ______.*

*word is on the tip of my tongue and it won't come to me ... nothing else will do ... and I'm not spending an hour racking my brain to find it.

Comment

If Joffrey believes that he the legitimate King and rightful heir of Robert Baratheon (and not the incestuous spawn of siblings), it is treasonous to say that he is illegitimate ... and in these days treason was met with one answer.

If he knows he is not the rightful heir, then he has to act to protect his position. The fact that he went behind his mother and his advisor's backs and acted out this Machiavellian plot to get his greatest enemy to crystallise his position, and then to silence him once and for all, was a master-stroke. It deserves some credit. He 'aint gonna be his mothers puppet

That said ... he won't last long. The storm clouds are brewing all around, and he is surrounded by ______.*

*word is on the tip of my tongue and it won't come to me ... nothing else will do ... and I'm not spending an hour racking my brain to find it.
          is the word cumulonimbus?
          I'm sorry, man, but I've got magic. I've got poetry in my fingertips. Most of the time--and this includes naps --I'm an F-18, bro. And I will destroy you in the air. I will deploy my ordinance to the ground.

Comment

• Originally posted by billbuckner View Post
            is the word cumulonimbus?
            Nimbostratus would be better

Comment

The word is relations or relatives.

Joffrey believes he wants to have all the priviledges and none of the responsibility. I see nothing admirable about that. His mother made a deal, and he unilaterally broke it.

The deal was to spare his life in order to keep the peace. In a fit of pique, which we have already seen from him concerning the younger daughter and wolf, he does something stupid just because he can, violating his family's strongest asset in the process. Robert was a mediocre and self indulgent king, but at least he knew his failings. Joffrey is a small time Nero, who will stir the kingdom to civil war, never understanding that he is to blame.

Also, never understanding that he is committing treason, and could lose his head over it. Word will get out, quickly, that a Lanister welched on a deal. First among the casualties is the Spider.

J
              Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

The word is relations or relatives.
                J
                Varys & Baelish?

:mod: I had a sense that the rest might contain spoilers ... so I didn't read it

Comment

• Originally posted by Wonderboy View Post
                  On no, as good as the series is, the book series is superior in almost every way. It isn't difficult to follow the book at all in the first one or two. It does get a little more complicated by book four. But well worth the experience.

Seriously, to me, it is hands down the finest fantasy series. And I've read a lot of that genre.
                  I no longer really read fiction.

Comment

J
                    Exactly. That was capricious. He had Ned and the Starks kowtowed. Persisting to execute Ned showed that he lacks the depth and political skill of even his mother. He's but a petulant child and I can't wait for him to meet the sharp end of Valerian steel.

Comment

• Did anyone notice who picked up the little sister at the execution?

J
                      Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Did anyone notice who picked up the little sister at the execution?

J
                        Had to be one of Stark's allies or a former soldier ... din't recognise the face.

Comment

Had to be one of Stark's allies or a former soldier ... din't recognise the face.
                          No and no.

J
                          Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

No and no.

J
                            You're just dying to tell aren't you ...

Comment

No and no.

J
                              PM me to tell me who it is please. I wanna know.

Comment

• He is a recruiter for the Night's Watch.

Comment

Working...
                                X