No announcement yet.

Return of the Travel thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I heading to Playa Del Carmen next week for some Sun - Mojito's - and Senorita's!!!

Comment

Originally posted by hacko View Post
      I heading to Playa Del Carmen next week for some Sun - Mojito's - and Senorita's!!!
      go snorkeling and go to the ruins at Tulum
      "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
        we're renting a beach house in Maine this summer for a week. not really looking for anything to do, other than loading up on fresh seafood & wine.
        Where in Maine? We'll be in Pemaquid & Bar Harbor for a good chunk of August.
        "There is involved in this struggle the question whether your children and my children shall enjoy the privileges we have enjoyed. I say this in order to impress upon you, if you are not already so impressed, that no small matter should divert us from our great purpose. "

Abraham Lincoln, from his Address to the Ohio One Hundred Sixty Fourth Volunteer Infantry

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Kohm View Post
          Parents used to live on Partridge Cove which is pretty close to Bar Harbor. August is beautiful. The rest of the year.....not so much
          Last edited by nots; 05-29-2014, 07:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Kohm View Post
            looks like we're splitting the difference - we'll be just outside of Rockland. too bad on the timing, we're there in late July.

Originally posted by nots View Post
            Parents used to live on Partridge Cove which is pretty close to Bar Harbor. August is beautiful. The rest of the year.....not so much
            hopefully the end of July is still close enough to beautiful.
            It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
              looks like we're splitting the difference - we'll be just outside of Rockland.
              I got engaged in Rockland, Maine. late afternoon, walking near the boat slips and... a gazebo!
              no better spot to pop the questions. chicks dig gazebos...
              finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
              own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
              won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
              RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
              C Stallings 2, Casali 1
              1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
              OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                go snorkeling and go to the ruins at Tulum
                Went to tulum,awesome site. Snorkeling on the agendaimage.jpg

Comment

I'm traveling to America next Wednesday. Anything I should know about?
                  拖裤子,
                  放屁

Literally means "pulling your pants down to fart" which is a Chinese idiom for "wasted effort." Makes sense to me!

Comment

United's new First Class "pods" are really nice.....I got upgraded for the first time in a year on a plane that was flying IAD-SFO-New Zealand. Made the flight to SFO very very nice....
                    "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

United's new First Class "pods" are really nice.....I got upgraded for the first time in a year on a plane that was flying IAD-SFO-New Zealand. Made the flight to SFO very very nice....
                      What's the best way to get upgraded ? I am flying back Sunday and would really like to get out of the cramp seats (6'4")

Comment

Originally posted by hacko View Post
                        What's the best way to get upgraded ? I am flying back Sunday and would really like to get out of the cramp seats (6'4")
                        Pay for the upgrade. There's no free way to get one unless you have membership status with an airline, and even then, you need quite a bit of status.

Comment

I resume some road life next week.

Flying from Orlando to Pensacola to then drive over to Foley, AL for 24 hours of tech schmoozing and then onto Raleigh for a CIO/CTO meeting before coming home. Out on Silver Airways (yay prop plane ), to Raleigh via Atlanta on Delta, and then home direct on Southwest.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                            Pay for the upgrade. There's no free way to get one unless you have membership status with an airline, and even then, you need quite a bit of status.
                            this

I have status, and this was the first time I've been upgraded in ages (I used to get it all the time on United). Basically, first class had 36 seats and only 6 of them sold on the IAD-SF leg, so everyone with status got upgraded.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                              I resume some road life next week.

Flying from Orlando to Pensacola to then drive over to Foley, AL for 24 hours of tech schmoozing and then onto Raleigh for a CIO/CTO meeting before coming home. Out on Silver Airways (yay prop plane ), to Raleigh via Atlanta on Delta, and then home direct on Southwest.
                              Better come to Oklahoma and talk to the Gov. She just signed the bill to stop Common Core. Not sure which side of the fence I'm on, I'm just glad I don't have any kids in the school systems right now.

Comment

I have status,.

Comment

Working...
                                X