Sam Rockwell is awesome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sam Rockwell is awesome

I like him in everything of his that I've seen, even fluff like "Galaxy Quest". He makes every movie he's in better.

The one I'd recommend that most of you haven't seen is "Confessions of a Dangerous Mind", the "auto-biography" of Chuck Barris who claimed to be a CIA assassin while hosting "The Gong Show"
    "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Big fan of Moon
    I'm sorry, man, but I've got magic. I've got poetry in my fingertips. Most of the time--and this includes naps --I'm an F-18, bro. And I will destroy you in the air. I will deploy my ordinance to the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by billbuckner View Post
      Big fan of Moon
      He was awesome in that.

Also, Matchstick Men w/Nicolas Cage.

Comment

Maybe it's the mark of a good actor, but with Rockwell I always see the character, not him playing the character.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky View Post
          Maybe it's the mark of a good actor, but with Rockwell I always see the character, not him playing the character.
          exactly....
          "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Yep, I'm a big fan as well.

Don't forget his two-headed Zaphod Beeblebrox in Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.
            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
            - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

+1

Sadly I don't think his talents are being properly showcased in many of the movies he's made ... would love to see him get a juicy cable drama to let loose on.

Comment

Working...
              X