No announcement yet.

Ban on Same-Sex Marriage overturned by Supreme Court

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The biggest objection I am hearing is that the ruling did not let votes stand. Very few states put same sex marriage to the vote and this decision overturned some that did.

I do not see any argument left against polygamy of polyamory. The biggest difference is a chunk of the way-the-hell-in-the-distance right supports polygamy.

J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
      The biggest objection I am hearing is that the ruling did not let votes stand. Very few states put same sex marriage to the vote and this decision overturned some that did.

I do not see any argument left against polygamy of polyamory. The biggest difference is a chunk of the way-the-hell-in-the-distance right supports polygamy.

J
      There isn't an argument against polyamory nor should there be vs polygamy as long as the same protections for people in those relationships remain in place as they do for every other relationship.

The best way for that to happen is to keep religion out of it completely.

I know several people in polyamorous relationships. Multiple partners of both sexs and their kids are no more fucked up than any other teeneager I know.

It's not my cup o tea, but far be it that I should judge their happiness based on MY moral choices.
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
        I do not see any argument left against polygamy...
        J
        AKA "Biblical" marriage.
        “Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.”
        -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Working...
        X