It's all so tiring and sad.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's all so tiring and sad.

Charleston and the fact that these things will continue to escalate and recur without end.

How do we stop it?

The Hate.

The Violence.

The inability to allow people different from yourself to even exist.

I have no idea how to fix this.

I just want it to stop.

*sigh*
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Rather than start another thread...

I can't imagine what the hell that judge in SC was doing, letting those family members address the defendant at that bond hearing. I'm sure the judge felt like it would be a popular thing to do, but a clever defense lawyer could raise nine kinds of trouble behind that. Even if he is crazy, even if he has already confessed, he is legally innocent at this point and entitled to a fair trial and legal counsel.

Bad procedure, dangerous move, bad judging.

Comment

A radio report I heard today said that is standard procedure under South Carolina law.
      Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
      We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
        A radio report I heard today said that is standard procedure under South Carolina law.
        Moderator: Please move this to Confederate Flag thread.
        “Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.”
        -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Honestly, almost any second I was expecting that judge to say, "Now I'm just a small town pizza judge, but I declare..."
          “Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.”
          -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Removing the Confederate Flag from state grounds is a start. One that won't rest easily in certain camps.
            If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
            Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

I'm curious where you guys were when a Republican Governor wanted the flag removed.

J
              Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                I'm curious where you guys were when a Republican Governor wanted the flag removed.

J
                Vegas has odds that say, it won't happen. I don't applaude the guy who missed seeing the Iceberg on the Titanic for trying to save people after causing the crash either. But it was a nifty speech........

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Wonderboy View Post
                  Honestly, almost any second I was expecting that judge to say, "Now I'm just a small town pizza judge, but I declare..."
                  Be nice to small town judges. You just never know when you might meet one.
                  I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Did you say Utes??
                    It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
                    Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

J
                      I think I had switched to another channel by then. Her first shot at addressing the tragic situation was so Fox News that I quit following her and started listening to some real leaders.

I'll give her some credit, but decisions like that are more illustrative of courage when you don't wait to see which way the wind is blowing. #scottwalker

Comment

It was two utes.

Comment

http://www.newyorker.com/humor/borow...ings-to-idiots

yep - but I still will over and over again

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky View Post
                            I think I had switched to another channel by then. Her first shot at addressing the tragic situation was so Fox News that I quit following her and started listening to some real leaders.

I'll give her some credit, but decisions like that are more illustrative of courage when you don't wait to see which way the wind is blowing. #scottwalker
                            Previous Governor.

J
                            Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Previous Governor.

J
                              pissing in the wind.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
                              X