Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the Most Iconic Song of the 1980s?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sister Christian - Night Ranger (1984)

Comment

• Everybody Wang Chung tonight!

Everybody Have Fun Tonight - Wang Chung (1986)

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
        New Order - Bizarre Love Triangle (1986)

sorry - doesnt count because
        A - it is actually a good song
        B - New Order had much better songs too

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
          Morris Day and the Time - Jungle Love

see if this song sounds familiar after listening to Morris Day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPf0YbXqDm0

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
            How could we forget ... though you guys probably only know this from the meme

You know that was a #1 hit in the USA, right?
            Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
              Just Can't Get Enough - Depeche Mode (1980)

1981, or 1982 in the US...but still I can't believe it's THAT old.
              Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• Johnny come lately here, but I have two to add (and neither is Pogues!)

I Melt with You - Modern English

Comment

• Parents Just Don't Understand - D.J. Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince (1988)

Comment

• so who won?
                    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Pogues View Post
                      You know that was a #1 hit in the USA, right?
                      I didn't ... I just assumed he was another Stock Aiken Waterman here-today-gone-tomorrow pop star. There were so many of them in the mid-late 80's

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                        so who won?
                        If it's not Devo Whip It (which I think it should be) then it's Modern English I'll Stop the World and Melt with You. Great call Swamp; I love that song.
                        I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Here's another solid 80's song. What I love about this song is the story that apparently Susanna Hoffs did the vocals for this song in the studio completely naked. Go ahead, I dare you to not enjoy this song more with that knowledge, even if it's not true.

I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Here's another:
                            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• More 80's:
                              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• I played the hell out of this cassette back then. Now i can barely listen to it.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X